I Challenge ALL Cardmodelers!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Jul 8, 2006.

1. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Hello Cardmodelers!
    I had to re-format my 'puter yesterday, now all jets are firing!

Man this is FUN!!! It is like browsing a Cardmodel Store!!!
    ALL entries thus far have been quite beautiful.

prototypes, scratchbuilt, unfinished, Wood Engraver's Castle (another plug).

I would like to thank the following (so far) for their entries;

46rob, Nice Hunter!,
    modelincard, Nice Discovery Shuttle!,
    milhistory, Nice Tiger!,
    Billy Leliveld, Nice Pancake!,
    Shoki, Nice Nakajima!

I still have'nt figured out which model I am going to build for my entry.
  2. michik

michik Member

Help, I need a bigger turntable!

Just finished this beauty half an hour ago (which is 1.30 in the morning local time). It's a test built that Rob passed on to me. He said that this babe would be to fiddly for him. Can't imagine why... :)

Attached Files:

3. thewoodengraver

Hi Michi, my Tramcar friend!
    I LOVE that Choo Choo so much!!! Is that model available???
    It reminds me of my 1861 William Crooks Woodburning Locomotive from Micromodels. You can see a picture of it on my webpage in the "Cardmodel Gallery".
    Excellent post!!!:grin:
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK..... Here is another TWE. No rules about only 1 picture. Just that it's not been posted before.

Well I just finished Nobi's XF-91 Thunderceptor and had to show it off. Oh that's a new base too.:grin:

Attached Files:

5. cbg

cbg Member

Nice jets!

I think you will go prematurely blind building at that scale.

Here's one I built over the winter. Just now photographed it for your viewing pleasure (free download).

Let's see some more. cbg

6. thewoodengraver

Hi cbg,
    Nice Phoenix, is it? Thanx!
    Beautiful, but you only get one thank you...JUST KIDDING!!!
    Thanx for your additional post!
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Thanks cbg........... Flight of the Phoenix, In my top 10 best movies.......... ain't seen the new 2004 re-make. I mean the 1965(?) movie with Jimmy Stewart, Sir David Attenborough, Peter Finch, Hardy Kruger.......... man THAT is a movie!

Yeah Michi is going to go blind........... or got the best dang magnification light in the world:grin:

Great Thread thewoodengraver (TWE)!
  8. thewoodengraver

Michi will NOT go blind! He is proving how blind WE are! lol
    Good things come in small packages! I'm sure you all are jealous! I am!

Thanx for the encouragement John!
  9. michik

michik Member

Thank you all for your concerns about my health!
    So far I haven't discovered any problems with my eyes, and I'm in the wee-bits-business for about 30 years now. Sometimes, when I have my moments, I suspect that I'm 'plagued' by a combination of an over-average eye sight and a slight shortsightedness, but I never checked this. There's simply no motivation to go to the doctor...

The C.P.Huntington is already announced at http://www.micromodelsusa.com/index.htm (go to NEW RELEASE), so I guess, they're only waiting for the results of the test builds...
    ehem... I'd better stop babbling and turn towards the Zephyr, wouldn't I?!

10. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

The last few models I have completed have been given away and I am not currently working on one. Here is a picture of the Sleeping Beauty Castle that I built a while ago. It was downloaded from the Disney Experience website in the Ludwig Von Drake Laboratories section.
  11. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

Michi! That is the largest beer bottle cap that I have ever seen! :-D -Jim G
  12. cbg

cbg Member

Quite a castle. Have you tackled Neuschwanstein? Or better yet, one of our host's Phil's castles (check out his site)?

Yes, Flight of the Phoenix (1965) is a good flick. I did see the remake and it stands up all right on its own, but comparisons inevitably get made to the original. (I liked the weird offset to the port wing on the remake, however).
    Click here and here for more info on the original plane and the movie. There is also a link to get the free download.

(sorry, Phil. . .didn't mean to hijack your thread.) cbg
  13. thewoodengraver

Thanx for the info on that Loco. What an Honour to test build for Matt@ Micromodels USA, he has produced some Excellent models over the years.
    Thanx again Michi.
    Beautiful SB Castle SCEtoAUX, (darnit! I was thinking about building this one for this thread).
    CBG, This is not "my" thread...it is OURS. But thanx for being respectful.
  14. gchucky

gchucky Member

Some stuff I did over the years. This year's build is the walking robot. I did some changes to the robot but had not had time to see if those changes will get it to walk better.

Attached Files:

15. thewoodengraver

Is it Christmas already! Thanx gchucky!!! I have'nt seen many figures built except by the designers themselves. I am considering building Lara Croft but I may change my mind.
  16. hpept

hpept Member

17. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK TWE this should be it from me ........... for a while! :grin:

This is one of Jim's orginal Beaver models. I like the scale better, and I think it looks pretty good on my base.

TWE guess I'm trying to help us get to the 3000 mark!

Oh........... I love the trains............. I just don't see how y'all can build them things so small!

Attached Files:

18. dolphinops

dolphinops New Member

X-Wing in progress

Especially for wunwinglow.

Attached Files:

19. cbg

cbg Member

One more to get to magic 3,000. . .This was my second Fiddlers Green model and was downloaded when it was still free.

Hilarious construction thread on the frustrations building this model at Kartonbau.de. I had my own, but this guy's pix need no translation!

Enjoy, cbg
  20. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Could someone give me a basic translation of what happened there? Looks like he squaasherated that poor plane:confused: .
    Was this a problem in translation or was this intentional? Model looked pretty good until those big nasty books got ahold of it.
    And I have a model in the works and will post a pic upon completion so I wont be completely off topic here.