I Challenge ALL Cardmodelers!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Jul 8, 2006.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welocme to the forums 4x4! those are nice looking models - where did you get them from? They dont look familiar to me :) good builds too!
  2. 4x4paper

4x4paper Member

3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Link does not work. :(

4. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

Amazyah, remove the last : [colan] and then it will work. Looks like he wanted to add a smiley and got too close to the URL.
    Fred Z
  5. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

6. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

alas bill, I only have the third stage of the mars mission version the lander and return craft, not the launcher you have pictured here, but I'ld love to offer it...

7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

8. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thanks John!

I didn't even notice that smiley face at the end of the url! :-D

9. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Me either..............Fred found it............ I just re-posted so the lazy people like me wouldn't have to re-type..............heck now all I have to do is click the link in my post.............I wonder if I can get one of eye pointing thingie so I don't have to click...........Naw............. I got to move my hand to reach the Diet Dr Pepper............if I got a flexable hose......then...................:grin:
  10. David H

David H Member

Better get this done or I am bound to miss the deadline. My 3rd completed model.

Small version of the FG Hawker Hunter flying low. Tthe lack of drop tanks is a worry, doubt he will make it down the stairs and across the garden on internal only...

It was a fantastic build and looks very sleek and deadly at the same time. As a Hunter should.

Laser printed onto heavy letter quality paper and given one coat of spray varnish/plasticizer.

D View attachment 2538 :grin:

Attached Files:

11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Looks really sharp! Like it a lot, keep building :)
  12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

One more time

Here is another that I've been working on. It's Rob's FG Corsair and Tow Tractor (mule) on a base I've been designing:grin:

Attached Files:

13. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Spitfire MK-II from ModelArt.

14. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Just a few pics, since my camera needs batteries...

1/96 Saturn V and 1/96 Saturn I-B:

View attachment 2554

Close up of the Saturn I-B CM/Escape Tower:

View attachment 2555

First Stage of the Saturn I-B showing the spider head assembly:

View attachment 2556

I'll post more soon. Some great looking models on this thread!

Attached Files:

15. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

The last week of the challenge!

We're nearing the end of this challenge friends! :grin: :wink: :roll: :cry:

As promised, I will reveal a special gallery of all posted models...somewhere???

I must tell you...you folks sure have put me to work!!! LOTS of pictures to work with!!! I thank you all for that.

I'm not sure what to do with this thread once the challenge is over.
    Maybe I will put it to a poll?
  16. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I think the thread should go on, even though the challenge is over.

17. The End

Yeah, I think so too, it's nice to see what other people are up to.
    Could this not become a permanent thing?
    It's different from the gallery, easier to acces....

Thanks, Woodengraver for starting this, I had a lot of fun
    Cheers, Billy
  18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Its the best thread ever! It should live on..... keep the woodengraver legacy alive! :D
  19. I'm too new here to make suggestions but I'll throw out a thought. In the world of free flight, groups do what they call "cook ups" which amounts to someone suggesting a topic/theme and whoever chooses to do so, takes part in a thread where everyone is building a model to the theme. It might be "Build a Marek kit", "Build a WWI tank", "Build a 1/144 scale model"...basically anything that narrows the 'thought' to a point where the participants are dealing with similar problems/solutions and where participants have common interests. It really serves well to stimulate conversation and provide motivation to build/display lots of models.

Cheers --- Larry
  20. Wolfshead57

Wolfshead57 Member

Like that idea as a new guy to this hobby it may help me to explore new models or types of models or whatever.