I Challenge ALL Cardmodelers!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Jul 8, 2006.

1. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Wow great job on the trailer, I downloaded this and thought "thats looks nice and simple" then I saw the interior!!!
  2. july1772

july1772 Member

Great thread TWE. Some superb models have been posted. Here's my most recent build.

It's the old MQ3A-Murphy mech under attack. I purchased these from ebblesminiatures.com--unfortunately the mech is no longer available.

Attached Files:

3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Yes it IS an awesome thread!
    Thank you guys for keeping it alive.
    I have been busy fighting CPU glitches, viruses, and nasty little demons, plus writing my Book and illustrating it. This is why I haven't thanked you guys individually lately. But I'm still here, I still Love you, and I am reworking the webpage for this challenge. Keep this alive and we will have an awesome gallery to look at after the end.
    Got to get back to work now...
  4. dinsour

dinsour Member

I have tried 5 times to up load some pictures. Lets see if I got right this time.
    I hope you guys don't mind but I am posting some pic of planes I built with my grand kids, trying to get them interested.
    Hope this works.

---------73 Ron
  5. dinsour

dinsour Member

nuts it didn't work
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

dinsour............... make sure it falls inside the limits for the file type............. also re-scale it to as close to 640x480 as possible to keep it within the limits of the thread screen.

Also one picture per post will show it.............more will show links...

7. mig29

mig29 New Member

The pprototype of Yak-52 TW from a line of ten Yak-52 models .

Attached Files:

• s2.jpg
      File size:
      76.3 KB
  8. mig29

mig29 New Member

The mold for canopy will be changed. I was so anxious to see it finished so I fit a prototype.

Attached Files:

• s5.jpg
      File size:
      56.8 KB
  9. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Not very good pictures but it's the only camera I have. *curses crappy phonecam*

Inspired by Ron Kemp's Hot Rods I decided to use my membership in a GM W-Body club to create W-Body paper models since there are very little model cars of W-Bodies (Cutlass Supreme, Gran Prix, Lumina, Regal, Monte Carlo, Impala).

So as far as I know. This is the only one ever made. Printed on 90lb gloss stock. Built in a day.
  10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Really sharp looking model Stev0!
    Great job!

11. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

JSC Edmund Fitzgerald and Digital Navy Ambrose Lightship.

Attached Files:

12. dinsour

dinsour Member

Attached Files:

13. dinsour

dinsour Member

Well that didn't work
    73 Ron
  14. dinsour

dinsour Member

let's try this.

Attached Files:

15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

How old are the grandkids? Those look pretty good!! Hope they keep making them :)
  16. dinsour

dinsour Member

The girls wre 12 or so when these were done. the boy was 10. That's the main reason I went with the wheaties planes then stepped up to FG.

They could build one in a couple of hours and wouldn't loose interest.

But then the biggest kid in the room was me. I'm 72 and still trying new stuff and keeping up with the old LOL.
    I built the wheaties planes during WW2 and had a ball. wanted to pass it on

------73 Ron
    other hobbies, Ham Radio operator, write fiction b and collect beer cans etc.
  17. hpept

hpept Member

Hi Ron, just wanted to tell that i liked very much the DC-3 Dakota. Maybe someday i'll give it a try.
  18. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I Love those " Wheaties" planes! I saw one thirty years ago but forgot all about them...until now. Please email me info on how I can get these.
  19. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Thanks for the Fitz pics. I've been looking forward to getting a better look at the competition...:)

Scott K.
  20. Wolfshead57

Wolfshead57 Member

Wheres the link to the other pics gone, or is it just me cheers me dears