I Challenge ALL Cardmodelers!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Jul 8, 2006.

1. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Attached Files:

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Wow both are great! I love the Concorde!

I also love the sheet under it, would you sent it to me via email?

3. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

thanks, John.
    The sheet is also a downloadable from Erik and Ralph great web site>
    Little trick here, you have to click on the Air France download page, and you will get the Concorde, instructions and the base.
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Cool! Thanks Gerardo! I been meaning to download this great bird, but always seem to have something else that needs attention.

I'll get it NOW!

5. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

milenio3, both the Concorde and the Shuttle are excellent models.
    Great Job! Thanx!
  6. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Here's mine...

Its Dr. Z's White Knight + Ralph Currell's SpaceShipOne (w/ Dr. Z's SS1 cockpit) in 1/32 scale

I got the WK as a gift from a great friend of mine (but he doesn't want to be mentioned...)

I'll post the in-progress images at the Sci-Fi & Real Sci thread in a few moments
  7. Texman

Texman Guest

Very nice Hans. Some day I hope to tackle that one, shrunk down of course!
    Sweet build.

8. possm_23

possm_23 Member

:grin: I think this thread should have its own permanent place under forums.....:idea:
  9. Hans Christian

Hehehe!!! Thanks for the comments sir!!! Please visit also the in-progress thread of this at our Sci-fi & fact thread :-D
  10. thewoodengraver

Hans Christian,
    Superb! my freind! well worth the wait! Thanx!
    Shrink 'em BAYBEE!
    This thread will remain open after the challenge ends!

All Cardmodelers,
    ONLY the entrants who "Posted" pictures on this thread will recieve a special gift at the end of the challenge!!! If you gave me links to pics, they count.
    If you only "mentioned" something, I'm sorry. but they do not count.
    (The challenge was to POST a pic)
    I will give some statistics about number of members who posted at the half-way point (august 9)
    Challenge will end September 8.
    Post your pics or miss my surprise!
    There WILL be SOMETHING for all to see.
  11. Hans Christian

Wow!!! I didn't know this is a contest!!! :-D

Thanks a lot sir!
  12. thewoodengraver

It's not really a contest, it's a challenge. All who meet my challenge will get their picture on a special webpage I created on my website. I have taken pics from everybody that posted here and formatted my favorite from each member onto one page.

45 members have posted over 100 pics so far!!!
    I have become extremely busy lately and will not be able to come here quite as often. I will return, after the end of the challenge (September 8 2006) to post the remaining pics on my website. This is my gift to you all at cardmodels.net . Thanx for putting up with my insanity!!!
  13. Hans Christian

Ah!!! Now I get it!!! hehehe!!! Apologies for the misconception!!!! Thanks again!!!
  14. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I didn't really realize what was going on here. I guess I've got a little more incentive to finish up my corsair! You will at least have a better pic than the one I posted by Sept 8. Got to have a better one than a 10% build pic.
  15. silverw

silverw Member

Well heck, Phil.... I didn't know we were going to be in the spot light like this!! I'd a put on my "fancy going to meeting clothes!!".....
    The picture that you are showing is the crappy old prototype!! .. Maybe you missed the "REAL" picture!

Anyway... here's a better picture of the "CAP"!!

.........and it is available for download , here...
    http://aa.1asphost.com/Papermodelmirror/Ball Cap/Cap-MRC-red.pdf

This one was made for the "MEGATRON RECYLCLING CRAWLER" project at: http://www.mtp-studio.de/forum/thread.php?threadid=1816&sid=08ab226f3a98ea70fb902aeedb40dc86

that everone is welcome to visit and contribute to...!!!

16. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

Tonite the insomnia bug(and a well timed news blurb) prompted me to finish a project that has been sitting nearly-finished on the shelf for more than 6 months....

in honor of the soon to blast of Atlantis- Here she is in 1/100scale!

17. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Here are my two offerings, I have just finished, well not quite the Cromwell needs weathering and touching up and the P-47 needs an undercariage upgrade as it collapses under its own weight. The Cromwell by Nobi is just awesome, even my badly built example looks great, it is a very good first tank model but you do need to do some scratch building. The wheels and track take forever though. The FG P-47 was supposed to be a quick build to relax me after the Cromwell but it took ages as the fuselage is very difficult to get to the right shape without formers. The wings are also very hard to attach and get the fillets smooth.
  18. Wolfshead57

Wolfshead57 Member

Hi all, look i just wanted to get this on before i mess with it some more. This is the first ever card model I have done and it cost me the princely sum of 50p from a local charity shop. Its an Usbourne Books Wizards Castle.
    Been a learning curve for me, lots of years since i last did a model of any sort and to have to cut it out and form it as well phew!!!!.

I have been out to buy some watercolour (note English spelling) pencils so i can edge and am looking to buy a cutting mat next. I didnt know how hard these things could be, learning how to do a round tower instead of a sort of round was an eye-opener I can tell you.

Still all in all the best 50p I have ever spent, reckon another week and i may have it finished so my son can have the pleasure of destroying it, and i can find something else to continue with.

Whoever said card modelling was easy was on a very strange drug.

Thanks all

Attached Files:

19. GT5500

GT5500 Member

"From tiny acorns mighty oaks do grow" actually this is quite freaky because that usbourne castle was the first model I built when I was about 8. Since then I have built a few but recently I have got into the hobby good and proper and as you can see I have started building more complicated models. That castle was a great kit if I remember rightly it has a few moving parts on it.
  20. Wolfshead57

Wolfshead57 Member

Yeah lift the roofs and see inside, has a wizard calling ghosts and demons, dragons around corners, doors and windows open so you can look inside. Yeah all in all a hoot (sort of).