I Challenge ALL Cardmodelers!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

To be honest I built it just as the instructions have it. I have a carbon rod that slides into the top of the mast and holds it in the un-busted position and can be removed very easily to display in the original busted position. Did this so that it can kinda be an "action" model and to save against breaking off the lower fore sail when it needs to be moved.
  2. furman

furman Member

Back in the day, when this forum just got started, I would send my pictures to Ron. He would re-size them and I would post them in my album. My old album is long gone and I have no idea where the pics went. BUT, I finally got me one of those free picture accounts...

3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Wow!, an entire ALBUM cool! Thanx large for that one!
    And seeing the amount of posts you have had since joining, I am HONORED!
  4. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Great pics, Furman. I use imagestation too for my albums... great service those guys.
    But not sharing yet my latest projects (wife and kids on vacations, but took camera with her... in return I've got time to build).
  5. Ken Horne

Ken Horne Member

Rob Carleen's Hawker Hunter

Hey all,

A quick note to show you a build I have completed (?) of Rob Carleen's RAF Hawker Hunter. There are a couple of additional bits and landing gear, but I think this one will fly on a thread, so I may just leave her in her beautifully streamlined glory.

I took some build photos and may post them as a thread.

Thanks Rob, this one is a cracker!

ps does anyone know why sometime I send pictures and they show up, and sometimes like now they just appear as clicky things...?

Attached Files:

6. Texman

Texman Guest

It mostly is due to the number of pics you put in each post.
    One pic, and it shows as the picture. More than one, and it will post them as links.
    Some have had luck posting multiple pics per post using third party image hosts.

Nice hunter. The printing looks immaculate. What printer are you using?

7. Ken Horne

Ken Horne Member

Thanks Ray,

It was printed on an Epson C 84 on Epson Matt Heavyweight paper. It was then given a couple of shots of Krylon Crystal Clear though I'm not sure if that achieved anything. The idea was to seal it to help with any glue splooge. It was the first time I tried that, on someone suggestion here on this forum, and I think next time I will try a little harder. Keeping these little beasts clean is a nightmare.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Epson. Yes I know of all the pain in the butt hangups but never-the-less it does print great models.

Take care,

8. thewoodengraver

Ken Horne, That's a beautiful Hunter! Thanks!
  9. GT5500

GT5500 Member

That hunter is beautiful, is it available through FG?
  10. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

The Hunter is great, Ken.

I use Krylon Crystal Clear too, and I recomend its use (at least on printed material, I don't know about factory printed models though).

The bonus using it is that you'll avoid messing up with tint (ink) from printed model, so you can handle it without fear.

Also, a second round of spray to your pre-cut model gives a kind of glossy look... but do not expect to look photo-like glossy... just sharp.
  11. Ken Horne

Ken Horne Member

Thanks guys,

but I've gotta say that Rob may have something to do with how well the model turned out =-)

I think I was too light on the coats. I hit the pages with two light coats, next time I'll try three. The coated paper really soaked it in. I think I'll hit it again when or if I put on the landing gear.

I understand that the model will soon be released by Chip at http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/ Perhaps this Friday?

Later gang
  12. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

13. Richard

Richard Member

..............and I ordered it right away......brilliant Nobi.
    btw, I remember you asking for favorite WW1 planes some time ago, do you still have any plans with it? an Albatros D.V would be nice (I'm not asking for much....:) )

14. thewoodengraver

Awesome Me262b-1a !! Thank you not only for the build but the kit announcement as well!! You do awesome work!
  15. Ken Horne

Ken Horne Member

Well, I decided to put on all the detail bits, mostly so that I could take more realistic photos of her :)

Anyway, here it is complete as Rob designed her.

Attached Files:

16. Ken Horne

Ken Horne Member

And from the front

Attached Files:

17. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Very clean build Ken! It looks really good! Great Job!

18. thewoodengraver

Beautiful!, Ken, ready for takeoff! Thanx!
  19. Ken Horne

Ken Horne Member

Thanks again guys,

It was a very nice build.

20. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Attached Files: