I Challenge ALL Cardmodelers!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Jul 8, 2006.

1. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

He wasn't thinking lactic acid either. Ouch!
  2. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Nice Photo diorama! Have not yet figured out how you did it, my guess would be stiff wire behind or (please do not take offense) Photoshop.
    Excellent build!
  3. Greetings everyone,
    I had to get in on the act and post a picture of my newest build, the Daishi Mecha. This is a free download from http://my.dreamwiz.com/papermech/. I will be posting a new thread on this build which will focus more on the nifty base I made than the robot itself. This is my first mecha build, and I really enjoyed doing something different.

I don't know what I'll be building next. I have a couple of unfinished projects, but I also have a few new things I'd like to get going on. Whatever it is, I'll be starting it soon.

Keep your razor sharp,
  4. thewoodengraver

Nice Mecha build, Mechwarrior comes to LIFE! Very nice! Thanks.
    P.S. you ever play that SNES game? lotsa fun!
  5. cbg

cbg Member

@ Lizzie,
    No, Leonardo wasn't thinking of limitations on human mechanics and endurance, but it may have worked as a static glider perhaps?

@ Phil,
    Less high-tech than you can imagine. . .I had my eight year-old throw the model into the air while I snapped the shutter. . .No, that's not quite right. . .this is actually a functioning orthinopter and the paper man does my bidding. . .nah, nobody would believe me. . .

Would you believe transparent monofilament with minor Photoshop touch-up?

6. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

Just finished my current project. Here are the pictures.

Attached Files:

• Sub1.pdf
      File size:
      344.2 KB
  7. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Wow, Bluenoser, she is beeeayouteefull!

Great job! I love the little rungs (steps).

Also, I never thought of putting pics into a pdf, for attachment. Nice touch!

8. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

By putting into a pdf you can have a bigger file size. That means either bigger and/or more pictures.
  9. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Great sub, Bluenoser!!
    First pic is awsome!
  10. thewoodengraver

11. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

Thanks! :roll: :-D
  12. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

Supermarine Attacker FB.1

OK, here is my latest build. This kit by NOBI is in 1:32 scale and was given to all the entrants to the 2004 version of the construction contest by Paperwarbirds. Very nice, well fitting model using butt joint construction - a first for me and typical of NOBI's kits. THANK YOU, NOBI!! I usually build in 1:48 or 1:50 scale and forgot how much bigger 1:32 models get!! Phil, thanks for starting this thread. A great way to see what we all are building. A great assortment to look over.
    Fred Z

Attached Files:

13. thewoodengraver

FredZ, Thanx for that plane (sorry I don't know what it is), Nobi has some wonderful kits, of which I have not attempted (no offense Nobi). I don't know much about planes so I'm kind of skeered to mis-represent any (if ya know what I mean) You saw my Fokker on this thread.

You're welcome...but I believe the thanks go to all of you that have posted, I'm just the host (phil's ego stepped out for some candy).
    Thanx All!!
  14. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

Phil, The Attacker was a very early, and not overly succesful jet fighter produced for the Royal Navy and the Pakistani Air Force. The first prototype flew in 1946 but it took until 1951 to get to the fleet and they were all gone by 1956! The best description would be "A Dud!" Fun build, as are all of NOBI's products. Give one a try, or get one of the FG freebes, like the J-3 Cub. You can't do any worse then the rest of us and it will give us something else to look at. Have a good summer [what's left] and BUILD something!!
    Fred Z.
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I have slacked on posting a pic long enough - here are my two most recent builds! Might have started them both outside the timeframe but completed them within it - I did make them at work between calls afterall!

Attached Files:

16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Darn, I forgot someone did the castle already - poop. I will have to make another for here ;) Going on vacation to France and gonna try to do a couple then. We shall see!
  17. clarklfarris

clarklfarris Member

I have asked this once already but maybe the post got lost. I have several models that I have built and I would like to post pictures. How do you embed the pictures in your message like I have seen done in this thread? Thanks in advance for your help. I went through the thread looking at everyone's work. Very nice. Especially the flying fish sci-fi models. For some reason it makes me think of Dinotopia.

18. rowiac

rowiac Member

To embed a picture, type your message in the message box, then before sending it, scroll down to the Additional Options area and click on Manage Attachments. From there, browse for the image file on your hard disk and select upload. When you submit reply, the image will be added to your post.

I don't think the image will show up when you try to Preview Post, but don't worry, it should appear when you actually submit the post. Also, the Quick Reply doesn't give you the option to attach files--you need to use the advanced mode.

19. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

he does not want them to show up as link - nor did I. When you do it the way you say to do it, you get a link like I did - he wants the actual picture to show up as a picture (embedded). At least the way it happened to me you can see how many people actually clicked on it :)
  20. thewoodengraver

when you add attachments as rowiac suggested, if you add 1 pic, it will show as a pic, if you add 2 or more, it will show as a link.
    Many people have websites with their pics on them, all you do is link to that pic, as many different pics as you dare.

cgutzmer that is a very nice Tiger, don't worry that someone already posted the same castle model because it is a completely different model, built by someone else. And yours is quite beautiful too!
    Have a nice trip to France.

FredZ I did build the J3 cub...only the tiny version...