I Challenge ALL Cardmodelers!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Jul 8, 2006.

1. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Download the results of this challenge as a Screensaver or Slideshow here;

I LOVE being part of this forum!!!
    I have read many (not all :( ) posts and have grown to like, even Love, many of you. However...some of you, for whatever reason, refrain from posting pictures of your cardmodels. This makes me very sad. It matters NOT the perfectionism of assembly, nor mistakes made. Sometimes the only way to tell it is a Cardmodel is by the mistakes the creator made. And we ALL learn from those mistakes...bla...bla...bla...whatever.

Here is my challenge, should you choose to accept it...
    Today is July 08 2006 (on this side of the planet anyway). I think that 2 months gives ample time, even for the busiest brain surgeon, to produce a pic of your most recent build. I do not care the subject. I do not care the degree of difficulty. If you want to represent yourself with a Hako wood_e or a blow rocket, that's fine with me. (plugs-self)
    There is only 1 rule, you cannot post a pic that was posted previous to this challenge.
    With over 3000 members,this oughta make one hell of a thread...
  2. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

All I need is a camera that takes pictures of the fabulous models IN MY HEAD...... But I will try and finish smoething!

3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK........... Here goes. This is a beta build of Rob's FJ-1 Fury

Attached Files:

4. Kaz

Kaz Member

5. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Hi Phil!
    Been in design mode lately (something a little mouse put me on to...:twisted: )
    I should be able to cobble a build of something or other up in eight weeks though......
  6. thewoodengraver

Thanx John!
    Thanx Kaz!
    Excellent job buy the way guys!
    We're off to a GREAT start! only 2,998 or so to go...I'm JOKING of course.
    I realize some people may not have access to a camera for instance, and by all means I am NOT trying to make anybody feel bad. I'm actually curious to see where I rate, and so far, I'm looking like a beginner. (my opinion).

I can't post my most recent model here under rule #1 so I have to decide which of my 5,000 (or so) Cardmodels to build...but I SWEAR I will meet or beat the deadline.
  7. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

I don't know if you all are tired of seeing this or not. I've posted earlier prototypes of this. This is build prototype #22. I'm up to #25 but am a bit behind on making wings. 23-25 are fusalages mostly. The nose cone part doesn't fit quite right on this one and the wings and tail keep falling appart. The later models have an improved and more durable design. The wings and tail fold sort of like fans. On the wing, the part that I'm calling the wrist isn't strong enough. You can't see it but it's the part that connects the fan to the more traditional airfoil wing. I've laminated it together out of stripstyrene. I think it needs more paper in the lamination. I try to avoid paper to paper moving parts. I work by repeatedly doing the same model and refining it with each build.

In the next few versions I have the tail nailed.The wings though are just hard. They are warpable and tiny moving parts.

The two threads hanging down are so I can adjust the wing position. I'm not sure yet how to keep them out of the way but keep them long enough to make the adjustments. I need tiny clam cleats. For right now the threads are wrapped around the wing shoulders. Since this craft is partly bird and partly killer whale, I think of the parts in terms of anatomy.

Attached Files:

8. thewoodengraver

I could never get tired of seeing your work Lizzie!
    Excellent post!!
  9. Willja67

Willja67 Member

You do excellent work and I too like seeing it and would ask for more as well.
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Crap! I just finished the 1:1 scale Colonial Marine M41a Pulserifle.

All I have is my phone camera and it's crappy.
  11. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Damm I just finished an AT-ST but I gave it to my brother as a birthday present and I haven't got a picture of it. Oh well I am nearly finished Nobi's Cromwell now so I will post a pic of that soon.
  12. 46rob

46rob Member

I needed to do a "throw together" to check my updates for the MK9 Hunter--so here ya go.

Attached Files:

13. GT5500

GT5500 Member

14. modelincard

modelincard Member

It's a big big, but here it is.
    I finished it on July 4, just before the actual launching of Discovery (STS-121). I think that I may have reversed the boosters, though.
  15. milhistory

milhistory Member

Here is my latest completed project, Halinski's Tiger I. I made a simplified version of the tracks because I did not have the motivation to do those supplied in the kit. I did complete the interior of the hull and turret, though.

Attached Files:

16. Ok

This is my working table right now, looks familiar?
    At the bottom is the XF 5 U Flying pancake, I only have to do the drop-tanks...
    Cheers Billy

Attached Files:

17. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Will it count if it's only an in progress build? I think I'm going to be able to start beta building my corsair soon but I'm pretty sure I won't finish by the 2 month deadline.
  18. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Shoot post it! I for one want to see any progress on it!:grin:

19. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Allow me to join the fun :wink:

This is a Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate published by Model Fan 8/1998 (together with Corsair).
    Very nice and easy to build kit - exactly what I needed before the next project :grin:

Attached Files:

20. dinsour

dinsour Member

your work space

That's a really bottle of glue ya got there.

73 Ron :twisted: :twisted: