I can tell it's Spring

fifer

I can tell it's spring , the posts are few and far between.
Everyone is busy working , yardwork , or sneezing!!!!
LOL

Mike Fifer

;) ;) ;)

Lighthorseman

Well, as for me, with almost a foot of snow having fallen during the week, I'm off the spring chores for a few days...and off I go into the train room!! :thumb: :thumb:

fifer

Oh Man Steve you make me sick , we are already at 80 deg and no snow this year.
Have some fun in there maybe I'll get some through osmosis.

Mike

ddavidv

Mowed the lawn twice so far, and also fixed the riding mower twice. Warned the spouse a new tractor may be in the future. :D
RRing is my winter hobby. Though I still try to tinker around over the summer months, there's too much house maintenance, family gatherings and other annoyances to take time away. :(

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I think we might really be having Spring in St. Paul, but anything can still happen! :) We've been in the high 60's all week and may approach 78 or 80 today. Of course now its humid and we're under a tornado watch! It is true that raking and other outdoor tasks hav taken me away from modelling and posting though. The Gauge Layout Party has kept me accountable :) at least for taking time now and then to work on a project.
Ralph

Joepomp

SEDEM

IF IT'S SPRING IT'S TIME TO HARVEST THE SEDEM!

I have a bumper crop. Good thing I picked it before the guy came to clean up the yard.

Ill, be making trees from it as soon as I have some spare time.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
You forgot Little League! I had to fit the yardwork in between two sets of pictures, T-Ball and Knee-Hi softball and a softball game. Tomorrow is a T-ball game. I am off to the basement for a few train moments.

fifer

Yeah and then I forgot the ocassional dumb&%^ White Sands Missle Range communications guy that cuts our Fiber Optic carrier (between 2 signs about 50' apart) on a rainy (train day) Sunday AM at 9:01 and spoils the whole day.
But I remember now!!!
Thanks God the trencher they were using was not a M1 tank making its way in to destroy the place as it was 100 yards from the main gate and the 4 guards didn't see anything , but they did check all the bins on my truck and the Fiber Splice trailer.
I Know , bitch , bitch , bitch.

Oh well the pay is good.

Mike :eek: :mad: :confused: :thumb: :sleeping:

shamus

Registered Member
You guys with Snow and others with 80+ wow, just visit the UK, and you can have all those days over a "3 day period".LOL :D

Shamus

fifer

Paul , thats the same way we all feel , I think.
2 years ago I decided I had had it with what we call a swamp cooler (water air conditioner) and put in refrigerated air and heating system. now whatever it is outside it is just like I like it when I get home. Good for the railroad too.
BTW I can not seem to find the daylight lights you taked about in the camera posts. Any ideas??

Mike

fifer

WOW , I just took a week off and all I've done is paint the trim on the house.
I feel like a crash test dummie for Olympic Paints!!!! :rolleyes:
Hope i'll be able to work on the layout this weekend and take some update pictures.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :sleeping: :sleeping:
Mike

brakie

For me I been doing a little fishing,modeling and attending mandatory classes at work..Of course grass cutting has slip in there as well.Thankfully it takes about 20-30 minutes to cut my grass with my riding mower.. :D

NSCALEMIKE

It's odd hearing from you east coast guys, OH, PA etc...about have to now cut the grass etc..house maintanance and so on..living in the southwest (SoCal) this is a year round job...the main difference now then the rest of the year, is the garage gets really hot...and if you don't have a fan in it...I normally don't tinker around in it until late at nite, when it cools down.