I can post pictures!!!

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Uteram, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Uteram

Uteram Member

I got a personal website set up and now I can post pictures. Here's a shot I've posted as an experiment. I'll post more in due time.

2. billk

billk Active Member

Uh - maybe it it's just me but I get one of those little white boxes with a red X in it (using Internet Explorer) or one of those torn page thingies (using Netscape), but no picture.
  3. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Not just you, billk. I'm guessing either the path or filename is different from the website where the photo is posted, and here. WE'll have to wait for Uteram himself to figure that one out!!!!:D
  4. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Yeah, me too...
    I have the same problem when using the tabs on this site. I think the problem lies with the hosting site, because I can post pics that way on another forum, but not here...
    But Uteram, the "attach file" feature is much easier to use anyway. Just click the "browse" tab, & open whatever file your pics are in, & upload the picture from your computer.
  5. Uteram

Uteram Member

Sorry guys for the confusion and the problems...

Charlie, I tried using the "Attach fle" method but am having problems with it also. Once I select a jpg from computer, I hit the "open" button to attach it but nothing happens. Am I able to see the image in Preview mode?

Attached Files:

6. Uteram

Uteram Member

Hey, it works!!!

I used the "Attach File" with no problems. My problem was that I wasn't seeing the image in Preview mode and assumed it wasn't attaching. There should be a disclaimer stating this next to the "Browse" button. Oh well, now I can post my pictures :D
  7. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Those are great pics, Uteram! Very realistic scenery!

P.S. - I just love Shays!
  8. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Very nice Uteram!
    I guess it's safe to assume you're a fan of Malcolm Furlow, & John Allen...?
    I love the rugged terrain, & the (aspen?) trees!:cool:
  9. Uteram

Uteram Member

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, I am a big fan of Furlow and John Olson. I have both how-to books from each of them and the covers are literally worn thin.

Yes, those are aspens. I simply used a dried flower called Candy Tuft that can be cut to shape and placed on the layout. I did howeve paint the trunks a cream white color and dab burnt sienna here and there to give it that aspen look.