I can post pictures!!!

Uteram

Feb 27, 2002
Houston
Visit site
I got a personal website set up and now I can post pictures. Here's a shot I've posted as an experiment. I'll post more in due time.

dscn1065.jpg

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Uh - maybe it it's just me but I get one of those little white boxes with a red X in it (using Internet Explorer) or one of those torn page thingies (using Netscape), but no picture.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Yeah, me too...
I have the same problem when using the tabs on this site. I think the problem lies with the hosting site, because I can post pics that way on another forum, but not here...
But Uteram, the "attach file" feature is much easier to use anyway. Just click the "browse" tab, & open whatever file your pics are in, & upload the picture from your computer.

Uteram

Feb 27, 2002
Houston
Visit site
Sorry guys for the confusion and the problems...

Charlie, I tried using the "Attach fle" method but am having problems with it also. Once I select a jpg from computer, I hit the "open" button to attach it but nothing happens. Am I able to see the image in Preview mode?

Attachments

• dscn1065.jpg
    dscn1065.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 101

Uteram

Feb 27, 2002
Houston
Visit site
Hey, it works!!!

I used the "Attach File" with no problems. My problem was that I wasn't seeing the image in Preview mode and assumed it wasn't attaching. There should be a disclaimer stating this next to the "Browse" button. Oh well, now I can post my pictures :D

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Very nice Uteram!
I guess it's safe to assume you're a fan of Malcolm Furlow, & John Allen...?
I love the rugged terrain, & the (aspen?) trees!:cool:

Uteram

Feb 27, 2002
Houston
Visit site
Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, I am a big fan of Furlow and John Olson. I have both how-to books from each of them and the covers are literally worn thin.

Yes, those are aspens. I simply used a dried flower called Candy Tuft that can be cut to shape and placed on the layout. I did howeve paint the trunks a cream white color and dab burnt sienna here and there to give it that aspen look.