I am on a permanant Safari

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by n810, Sep 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n810

n810 Guest

so I finnally did it. While my job prohibits me from having my much desired Mac, I did grab the new version of the Safari web browser from Apple. I'm fairly certain big nasty men from Microsoft will be breaking my kneecaps soon, but I don't much care, this thing frakking rocks. I highly reccomend it to all of you out there who are fed up with IE or Firefox.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents, I'm sure someone will tell me that I'm wrong because Apple offers it free, but wont allow 3rd party people to burn it to a CDR and sell it for profit (yes, I went there).

Oh yeah, cardmodels.net looks super sexy on it.
  2. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Link for download?
  3. Texman

Texman Guest

Just a couple of search clicks, and here ya go.

Looks interesting. Would like to hear from other who use it on the windows xp platform first.

4. David H

David H Member

I have resisted the urge to promote the MAC good WINDOWS arguement, but in a lot of areas of computing its true!

Now I have MACs at home (and always have... well since 1990) and use PCs at work. I know which I prefer and that's where I spend my money!

My new(ish) MacBook has Intel chips and I can set it up to be a Windows machine using a sort of boot disc CD. I cannot see me doing this

Windows has a lot of complex deeply buried features which I just don't use when using apple products. I don't know if this is a work / leisure spilt? or a philosophical one. A bit like the difference between an all sing dancing extra laden car and a no frills sports-car. I know which I prefer!

As to Safari always preferable to Explorer!

5. SteveM

SteveM Member

I just installed it on my XP computer and the menu bar has no text. Looks like it did not install whatever font it is using for the menu.
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I couldn't get it to work properly. It was loaded with Ipod and other adds and it tried to install Quicktime. It made my "MediaPlayerCLassic" freeze up. I am sticking with Firefox. I rarely use I.E.
  7. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I'd have to say I prefer PC and IE... Some websites are slow to use on Firefox because they try to open up a new window for every link and Firefox starts up slower than IE. (Maybe I'm missing something here... somebody tell me how to fix this?)
  8. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Download FireTune for Firefox and it will bump it up for you without making it unstale (Firefox is never unstable, actually). There is a way of doing it manually to male it even faster, but you will have too look that up by Googling it, it is not complicated but involves about 5 minutes of your time and is t complicated to post here. Google "speeding up Firefox".
  9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

zathros, where can I get this FireTune at?
    I checked the firefox site and did a search for it and it returned nothing.
    Do you have a URL for it?

10. Zathros

Zathros Guest

11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thank you!:wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.