I am going to die...

Woodie

Go to the Registrar of Births Deaths and Marraiges. Have your birthday changed to the day after tomorrow. "It's for my birthday. You bought it for me, darling! Don't you remember?". Do this on a weekly basis.:D :p

NYCentral

Originally posted by Wolv33
Hmmmmmm....

So does that mean I am the ONLY one that has a Woman that has spent over $3,000 on their hobby for them this year?

I could not believe it, but I sat down and figured it all up....She has spent well over $3,000 on me this year, and is LARGELY responsible for the majority of motive power and rolling stock I have!

Think she is the one that has bought me the 12 or so BN engines, and I know she bought the EMD GP59 demonstrator for me. I know I have received at least 150+ cars from her since January. Come to think of it, she has bought me a few structure kits too.

I guess I should also be thankful she is into N scale steam too, huh?

:eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek:

Not to mention going to GATS and other shows with me.

I truly have someone to be thankful for.

You guys should ask L&N Debbie or my Woman for advice. LOL!

Later.
Mine has bought me 6 engines in the last year including the Atlas 911 engine. She also has supported me in my hobby and gone to every show (but one). She has just set down a few ground rules:

1. clean up my own mess
2. don't overflow the basement (keep all of my RR "stuff" in the basement)
3. keep a clear area around the washer and dryer so she can use it.
4. see #1

McFortner

DEAD MAN WALKING!

Well, I went ahead and got another F7 for my layout. I am definately pushing my luck. I think I will have to cut back for a little while and just drool over new cars and engines. Oh, well, it will give me some time to decide what I want next, and maybe go for something big! :D

Here is the picture from ebay of my new engine. It is a Life Like F7. It runs great and looks great too.

Michael

Attachments

• f7.jpg
    f7.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 59

Wolv33

That is sad you cannot get anymore for now. I mean all the companies are going to be releasing their new models soon.

Myself, I am looking forward to the blue and white ROCKs Athearn is supposed to release in the first quarter of the new year.

I also am looking forward to the next set of SD60Ms for P2K...Heritage 2 and BN units.

Finally, Atlas and Kato also have a good lineup of units being released.

I hope you can contain yourself. I know HOW it is when a Woman puts her foot down. Thankfully, it isn't on my hobby.

LOL!

Later.

Vic

Gosh Micheal!.....This sounds serious!!!:eek: Sounds like yer a doomed man!!! The "train buying habit" can't be shaken!!!!

Should we send flowers or just scatter some ballast and old rusty track spikes around yer plot???:D :D :D :D :D :p:

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Well my better half, was looking through the most recent Walthers flyer a couple of days ago and said she really liked the Bachman 80 ton three truck Shay. Well guess what came in the mail today fro her(So she thinks..Hee hee hee)

hoyle

I buy any train anytime and my wife has no say so.Cant wait i woant all the ROCO AC4400CW'S with sound.

hey yakko the funny thing about that car is 40 people bibbed on it how many of us have a 100,000 laying around would love to have it wife wouldn't say a thing again about how much my trains cost:D :D :D :D :D :D :D rich

McFortner

Originally posted by Vic
Should we send flowers or just scatter some ballast and old rusty track spikes around yer plot???:D :D :D :D :D :p:

Well, you could avoid this horrible fate by sending any unwanted engines and rolling stock (RTR or kit) to me! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Now my wife thinks I am making her out to be an ogre. It is not that, it is the fact that unfortunately I need to get my car worked on and start saving up for a house as well (which has to have a room for my trains :D ). So money is a little tight at the moment.

Michael

ps: Just ask and I'll send you my snail-mail address for the donations...... :cool:

RI541

Sounds to me it's time for you to get out the ole junk box and start kitbashing a few cars and structures, I have been building a few structures myself and alot of the parts I'm using is out of the junk box, Even though since my back surgerery my wife has been utmost tolerant to any purchases I have made, She even went to the hobby shop when I first got home to pick me up a few things I needed. I still dig into the junk to save a few bucks, Then when it is done I can say " See what I build and and it didn't cost nothing cause I used all the old stuff you've been telling me to get rid of. " this actualy kills two cats with one electric charge, since your using the stuff she conciders junk, now she won't make you throw it away and also you've got a cool building/car that didn't cost you much to make. Then if you need a piece of styrene or a inexpensive (KEY WORD: INEXPENSIVE) part she wont complain. Then later (couple, three weeks) you can slide in a new car and tell her that since you've saved so much money building the structures/cars you thought it would be alright to spend a little for a new one. THEN DUCK, COVER ALL VITAL AREAS, ROLL TO SAFTY:D :D :D :D

Well I'm off to paint a building

McFortner

A stay of execution has been granted!

Well, the Spousal Overunit © (a.k.a. the S.O.) and I have reached an agreement. We checked the budget and have determined that we can spare $10.00 each/week for spending money. So I now have money to save up for train goodies. And what is really cool is the train store near me (Young Again Trains and Hobbies) takes layaways! :D :D :D

Plus, I can still brouse ebay for any bargains that may pop up!

3 chears for the S.O.!

I just bought a basic set (click here to see it) that is now 100% mine, not one I share with my son. Now I will promote him to Chief Dispatcher and Engineer for the NSR! ;) :p :rolleyes:

Michael