I am dropping out of HO

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Gil Finn, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

I am on medications that makes my hands shak like a paint mixer.

All after noon I tried to make two simple bachman kits.

The result is a glue smear cock eyed pile of plastic timbers, windows and roof sections.

It is time to quick and admit the truth.

I have 4 new unused engines and track & hopper cars in boxes to mock me.

Like McBeth I find myself tied bear like and can not flee.

In other works I love my trains but I can not play with them and can't let them go.

Hell, I cant even get the cars on the trax much less the big steamers. I am glad I dont have a big boy.
  2. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Sorry to hear that, Gil. Hope you can find a way to still enjoy the hobby...maybe ready ro run equipment and ready built buildings. The Kato rerailer tool is used by one of the guys at our club specifically because it helps him with his shakey hands. It has a wide receiver that narrows down to the track quite well.
  3. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

That sounds very frustrating Gil. I hope the issue resolves soon for you.
  4. Scoobie

Scoobie Member

Hey gil, sorry to here, but I think Shaygetz has a point.
  5. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

I am going to see my doctor this week, I can bearly shave.

The whole fun of trains is kits and scratch building.

My layouts are simple loops with sidings. I like the building of scenery and rail road structures. That is the whole ball of wax.

I still have O ga.

Lots of O.

Ho was a new and exciting possiblity.
  6. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Gil: I hope the doc can do something.
    I had a break of about 2 years in modelling because one of my eyes fell apart and I didn't feel I could see well enough for modelling. I'm now getting back in, when my wife doesn't have me scheduled up to the eyeballs on other things.
  7. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

That's good to hear:thumb:
  8. ausien

ausien Active Member

sorry to here about the shacky hand, but I hope you`ll try all the posible alternitivers, the one that shay getts sujest, may help a little. Hate to loose a modeler....
  9. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Gil, there's hardly anything more frustrating than when you want to do something which you planned perfectly - and then your body fails to do what you want him to do. :mad:

I had the same experience with my eyesight growing worse and worse - I just couldn't see what I was trying to do. But I was lucky, because new glasses did the trick (at least for some time - just waiting for the next round :( )

I sincerely hope for you, that you may cure as fast as possible your medical troubles which cause to take you those @#!%@$% meds. And of course I sincerely hope, that then you can forget those meds - and hopefully the shaking of your hand should be gone. :thumb: I realize that this will be a frustrating time, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

10. interurban

interurban Active Member

O Boy that`s frustrating Gil
    I do hope the Doc can help stabilise the problem.
    Let us know if there is help out there for you.
  11. I.C.66

I.C.66 New Member

Im sorry to hear that GIL. I have trouble with my eyes. I have to wear glasses. With out them everythings a big blur. I use to model HO scale years ago, and started having problems. What I did was. I swiched to G scale. It seemed to help. everythings bigger and easyer to handle. sorry for your situation I hope you can fide a way to still enjoy the hobby. lots of luck with everything.
  12. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

I simply stopped the medication that was causing this and am getting some degree of control now.
    Not much I can do with my spects,like you say.

G scale is a thought.
  13. jflessne

jflessne Member

That's good to hear Gil. I actually am a multi guage train guy.

My son has a o scale MTH that goes around the cieling in his room.

Currentlt building an HO layout in my garage.

I have a G scale LGB set we run at Christmas time.

I have very large hands so it's still a bit diffcult for me to work on HO or anything smaller.
  14. The Rock

The Rock New Member

Stick with O gauge.:thumb:
  15. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

HO makes me nuts but i bought this stuff, flipped out on ebay as I am want toda and it is in boxes all over the house.

I stopped a medication for a while but am starting back. I think I was taking way to much but so far so good.

I need to play with some O. Wish there was a club around here.

I restarted my forum, Ray the OBX fishing buddy and I.
    I would love for you guys to post some pics there.

16. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Hey, I love your forum, especially your rules. :D :D
  17. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

THanks how ever now we have no rules I dont think.
  18. jesse james

jesse james New Member

:curse: Ok..Ok..I tried to join but it kept kicking back my user name as must be alphanumeric. I tried both ways and :curse: still couldn't join!!!!:curse:
  19. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Let me help.

What name do you want? Jesse James?

I got you all fixed up.

Take your pick of MrHoward or JesseJames.

You can message me here and I will give you passwords.
  20. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Sorry to hear about you Gil.