I actually AM working on this!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FlareBaffled, Mar 21, 2008.

1. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

This gives an idea of the size of the model. That's a metric grid it's sitting on. The spine needs some detailing, which is yet to be glued on.
    Standing upright gives a better view of the first part of the engine block, and an idea of the rigidity of the build. It has no problem being moved around like this, and shows no sign of flex after it's little repair!
  2. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Looks great, I just thougt that if you had a obelisk on one side and a sized HAL on the other side that it would make for a very nice and appropriate base.:thumb:
  3. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

I like the 'black slab' idea for a stand! I'll have to give the stand some more thought once I have built the rest of the ship bits! Stage 2 of the engine area has been built, and the interior bulkheads slotted in. The last section is the bit I need to do next, followed by the actual exhaust sections. Then I greeble......lovely word that! Greeble. It's a noun, it's a verb, and it's rapidly becoming a way of life!
  4. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

"Becoming a way of real life" I love it, can't wait to see more. WHOOT!
  5. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Phew.... been a bit of a pause due to a sudden bout of unwellness. Some nasty viral thing that really knocked my sideways. When I say virus...I mean the Doc had no idea what the hell it was, but it seemed to go away after a few days.... ahh..modern medicine!

The engine section is now well under way, with the thrust nozzles almost done. Should have some more pictures soon!
  6. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Lookin fab!

The ship is looking great Flarebaffled. Keep up the good work.
    I'm amazed at the number of really great looking models being developed these days. I wish I had time to build even a fraction of them.

7. jagolden

jagolden Guest

The model is looking great.
    It's time someone designed one that does the subject justice.

I think the spine, from a structual standpoint, has held others back. Even using an internal support (dowel, steel or other metal rod) it could be daunting to some folks.

This will rank among the best sci-fi paper models out there - along with the detailed 1999 Eagle.