I´m back............

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by fluthecrank, Apr 4, 2008.

1. fluthecrank

fluthecrank Member

Dea friends,

two weeks of very interesting vacation near Hamburg, Germany, are gone........

As always I made two small free-download models.

the monitor SMS Rhein, 1:250, Paper Shipwright.........

and the British Obelisk Transport Barge "Cleopatra", Walden Models, 1:250.......

I hope you like it............

best regards Frank
  2. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Both look nice. Love the monitor, I'd like to have a go at that myself.
  3. jagolden

jagolden Guest

Nice work on both!
    The rail work on the SMS Rhein is fine and on the wheel spectacular. Is it all paper? Did you use any etched parts?
    I never noticed the canopy frame on the model before. The canopy material look good. Be interesting to see the model with the canopy completely deployed.

The "Cleopatra" barge came out looking good, too. The subject and its story is interesting. I've had this model file for a long time but not built it.
    Your photos might just push me to it. I've been on the military model bend for quite some time and am looking for something non-military to build.

Any in-progress pictures to show?
  4. fluthecrank

fluthecrank Member

sorry guys............

Hi folks,

I´m happy that you enjoy the pictures..............

sorry there are no pics about the building period, I built the models in my caravan during vacation............the steering wheels are out of my "scratch box", is that an understandable term ? That`s the box where all " left over parts" are collected.......... and are the only etched parts, the rest is laser railing and pure paper

best Frank
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Nice job on the cleo - I did that one too but it didnt turn out quite as well :)
  6. René

René New Member

Very nice builts !!!

i´ve downloaded the SMS Rhein after seeing your pictures.

in german : KLASSE GEBAUT !!

7. jagolden

jagolden Guest

Thanks for the info. Yup, understand "scratch box".
    Again, great builds.
  8. loadmat

loadmat Member

Ist Goot!