Hyperhidrosis, anyone? (excessive sweating)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by RocketmanTan, Mar 28, 2010.

  1. RocketmanTan

    RocketmanTan Well-Known Member

    Hello all,
    For those who don't know, hyperhidrosis is, simply put, excessive sweating. Common areas include the armpits (eww!), the feet (kinda hard to walk), and the hands (who wants to shake my hand?:wave:). By excessive, I mean, so much sweat that if you place your hand on a table and take if off after a second or so, there's something like a sweat puddle.
    I, myself, have hyperhidrosis--not a very good condition for a modeler if you ask me. With papermodeling, especially, the paper can get soggy, the ink starts to fade, etc. Who else here has hyperhidrosis, and if you do, feel free to share your sweaty stories :mrgreen:
  2. zsander

    zsander New Member

    I don't personally have that problem but I know there's medication (not surgery?) to reduce the effects, far as I remember...
  3. RocketmanTan

    RocketmanTan Well-Known Member

    lol, I tried the medication...skin started peeling :confused:
  4. Leeadamaa

    Leeadamaa New Member

    Something Like that

    yeah I have a minor case of it not fun at all its very annoying especially when im building paper models
  5. thirteenfury

    thirteenfury New Member

    I don't have it quite that bad, but I do start getting sweaty as soon as I'm warm. And not even boiling, over 90F warm, but like over 70F. I much prefer the weather when it's like this (below 30F in January), because I stay at a cooler temperature and if I get too cold, warming up won't get me sweaty. At least not until I have a heavy blanket on or too many blankets, usually along with warm clothing. If I ever move out of the US, it will be a cooler part of Canada or somewhere in the UK/Ireland, where it never really gets ridiculously hot like where I'm at now (Chicago).
  6. judex333

    judex333 New Member

    I am a Physician's Assistant (PA) and I have delt with many patients with hyperhidrosis. I have never heard of that particular reaction with glycopyrrolate (a topical) which is what I am guessing you tried. There is an oral called Hyoscyamine that you might want to consider trying. It is expensive however, but if you have insurance it is covered by virtually all plans.
  7. Pho3n1x

    Pho3n1x New Member

    I'm another sufferer lol, i only have to look at a screwdriver and it pours out of me lol

Share This Page