Hyper-detailed Borg Cube WIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Millenniumfalsehood, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Jones Brandon

Jones Brandon Member

i don't know what you mean about (Dude, please don't!) thank you keep up the good work on cube!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
  2. Darth Windius

Darth Windius Member

My english is not so good that I understand your sentence (I'am only a frog- and snail-eater Frenchy, remember sign1), but I fully agree with you in applausing an encouraging Milleniumfalsehood!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

3. the_flying_dragon

the_flying_dragon New Member

Mate I am well impressed; I can't believe how you got such a detailed looking ship from such basic processes as layering! I know that with the Borg cube, it can very much be a case of 'less is more' and not to get carried away, but you've got the perfect balance I think!
  4. MurdocMurloc

MurdocMurloc New Member

Is this available for download? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
  5. marciu11

marciu11 Member

I'like BORG! Jami!
  6. pulsar

pulsar New Member

Well the OP's last post was 9 months ago, so either he stopped working on it or it isn't quite ready yet. :sad:

At any rate, WOW, what a great start on this model!!!

SEBRET Member

i assume something in the real world came up, as it often does for most of us.
  8. Squirrel-

Squirrel- New Member

9. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

*face-slap* I actually forgot about this project. Ever heard of MADD? As in, Modelers Attention Deficit Disorder? :oops: You guys probably know what I'm talking about: you're plugging away at a project, when all of the sudden something new and shiny comes along-

What was I talking about, again?

I'll get back to work on it right away.
  10. pulsar

pulsar New Member

Hahahaha... been there-done that!

No worries, it's not like we're all on some sort of strict time schedule to get stuff done, it gets finished when it gets finished. ;)

<.< ... >.> ... O.O ... hey look, SHINY! *runs off*
  11. Squirrel-

Squirrel- New Member

hey, i must have MADD!
  12. sidewinder81777

sidewinder81777 Midnight Modeler

I know exactly what your talking abou!!!OH LOOK A MUFFIN!!!
  13. Millenniumfalsehood

:eek: WHERE?!

Great, now I need to hit the supermarket for some fluffy blueberry pastries. . .

I'm working really hard on this, but it'll take a friggin' long time. I might have explained this before, but what I'm doing is attempting to minimize the number of faces on the main 'cube' structures. That is, I am replacing all those tiny little squares with a spiderweb of consolidated faces. It'll take a long time, but my computer can't handle the model as-is without Pepakura crashing.
  14. Squirrel-

Squirrel- New Member

aww... poor peppy-koorah.
  15. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

pep never was known for its beefy task handling. Still a wonderful tool though.
  16. Vahmp

Vahmp Member

Ah.... So this is what yer up to!sign1
    Figured I'd pop in and say Hi.:wave:

I didn't know you were a 3Der too!:woot1:

KOOL! :thumb:
    Even thou I'm not into the adversary ships from ST, I still like what you're doin!

And since yer a 3Der too, I might just hit ya up for a couple a requests.:p:yep::grin:;-)

Been trying to 3D a ship design of my own, but completely gave up (neither have the program for it, nor the know how. hamr My thing is a different type of 2D grafix, as I've "mentioned " to you before.sign1

Anyways takecare and have a good one. aussie

PS: Been a bit busy here, with work and all, but asap I'll return the "mail" ok.
  17. Millenniumfalsehood

Hey dude! Thanks!

Guys, I got the outer layer completed, and I'm now working on the second layer out of three. Jeez this is taking for-freaking-ever (I'm pretty sure I said that before, in this very thread).
  18. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I can definitely see myself building this one when done. I have this crazy idea to roll several long black tubes, cut them up, and put them on the surface too.
  19. Borchsenius

Borchsenius New Member

Resistance is futile, But what a huge project - it is looking promising, cant wait to see the final result.
  20. papadenati

papadenati New Member

Alors là,t'a carrement raison!!j'ai hâte de voir ce cube.