Hurricane Comming!!!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Vic, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Vic

Vic Active Member

Nothing to do with trains but here's a site where you can view the North Carolina coast from atop the Cape Hatteras lighthouse. Not much to see now but it should be interesting by tomorrow.
  2. interurban

interurban Active Member

I feel for the coast folk:( ,, I think we will just have the rain t o deal with and diminished winds I suppose.
    As you said Vic tomorrow will tell.
    Thanks for the link
  3. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Thanks Vic, as Chris said, we are in for heavy rain and high winds here and we are far from the coast. Folks living in apartments have been told to remove anything they have on their balconeys to prevent wind damage. Hurricane Hazel did a real number to Toronto back in the 50s. We don't need a repeat.
  4. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

I know you're probably gonna get a little wet too, Vic...I've got some folks out there, both in Wilmington, & Elizabeth City...I'm sayin' a prayer for all y'all!
  5. Pete

Pete Member

Thassa big storm:eek:
    Here is the forecast track (this image will update every couple hours or so):

6. Vic

Vic Active Member

Sure 'nuf Charlie...Those folks are gonna need all the help they can get. Actually, we won't get anything here...the forecast is sunny and mild all through next week:)
  7. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hi All,

I sure wish everyone down there the best. I have some friends down that way. Here in Wyoming its just snowing.

8. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

In the late fifties, hurricane Carol passed over the east end of Long Island. The eye of that storm was the most amazing and beautiful place I have ever been. Getting there(the eye) and leaving, were not fun, but swimming in the bay in the eye of the storm was!
    To those of you in the path, my wishes for luck, and minimum damage.
  9. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Right now 2 of the live cams are dead, the one focused on the lighthouse is alive, hope the dead one's are not a bad sign:

Will hope and pray for the safety and well being of all the gaugers in her path!

10. Jim Cullen

Jim Cullen Member

I'm just a little bit to the southeast of the 8AM Friday mark on the map that Pete posted. It's still early yet, but the rain and wind has already started. Should be exciting night. Jim in Martinsburg, WV
  11. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

According to Petes map where the line crosses over Lake Erie then Lake Ontario, then we are in the path here in the Toronto area. While still sunny today, the wind has picked up. Just hope it blows itself out before it gets this far north
  12. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Good luck to all our friends in North Carolina (that's you SS!), Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania - and anyone else in the path of the hurricane. Hope you make it through unscathed.

13. Jim Cullen

Jim Cullen Member

I got to take an ambulance ride to the hospital during the height of the storm and that was exciting. Came home to a small downed tree in the front yard two days later when the storm was over. Jim
  14. jawatkins

jawatkins Member

Hope you are doing better.