Hurricane Comming!!!

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Thanks Vic, as Chris said, we are in for heavy rain and high winds here and we are far from the coast. Folks living in apartments have been told to remove anything they have on their balconeys to prevent wind damage. Hurricane Hazel did a real number to Toronto back in the 50s. We don't need a repeat.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I know you're probably gonna get a little wet too, Vic...I've got some folks out there, both in Wilmington, & Elizabeth City...I'm sayin' a prayer for all y'all!

Pete

Jun 2, 2001
New Brunswick, Canada
www.hioutput.com
20.jpg

Thassa big storm:eek:
Here is the forecast track (this image will update every couple hours or so):
172058W.gif

Pete

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Originally posted by Charlie
I know you're probably gonna get a little wet too, Vic...I've got some folks out there, both in Wilmington, & Elizabeth City...I'm sayin' a prayer for all y'all!

Sure 'nuf Charlie...Those folks are gonna need all the help they can get. Actually, we won't get anything here...the forecast is sunny and mild all through next week:)

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
In the late fifties, hurricane Carol passed over the east end of Long Island. The eye of that storm was the most amazing and beautiful place I have ever been. Getting there(the eye) and leaving, were not fun, but swimming in the bay in the eye of the storm was!
To those of you in the path, my wishes for luck, and minimum damage.
Pete

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
According to Petes map where the line crosses over Lake Erie then Lake Ontario, then we are in the path here in the Toronto area. While still sunny today, the wind has picked up. Just hope it blows itself out before it gets this far north

jawatkins

Aug 21, 2003
Allen, TX
Visit site
Originally posted by Jim Cullen
I got to take an ambulance ride to the hospital during the height of the storm and that was exciting. Came home to a small downed tree in the front yard two days later when the storm was over. Jim

Jim

Hope you are doing better.