Hudson Electric C109

Well, Crew, here it is! After a lot of talk, I can finally roll out C109 fresh from the shops. :cool: Because of the height of the new post-war boxcars, the cupola was removed years ago. The crew likes it because of the smooth ride provided by the passenger trucks. Just a few more details to add and it'll be ready for service!

Attachments

• C109.jpg
    C109.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 118
Thanks, Crew! :) I may have mentioned it before. This is a LaBelle Soo Line wood caboose kit that I wanted to scratch-bash into something unique for my own road. I'm a believer in what I call 'little gem' models...small, one-of-a-kind models that stand out from other models on a layout. It could be rolling stock, a building, a scene, some details, etc. I have another kit like it for future building...I would want to build it identically to this one so as to have a couple of ol' side door crummies ramblin' on down the pike. The trucks and steps are from Bethlehem Car Works, I added the bracing and lower 1/2 sheathing, made the roof, added 'crash bars' similar to the D&H cabooses, added full brake rigging, and now it just needs coupler cut bars and a letter 'C' at the end of 'Electric' on the other side...I ran out completely in my alphabet decal sets in white! After that I'll tone down the gloss on the paint job, do some weathering, and it'll be good to go. I also bought a pair of Northeastern/Ambroid NC&St.L outside braced cabooses that'll just have to become my bay window series. Again, these come with cupolas, but not for long. ;) Chris would understand....it's a traction thing! :thumb:

Russ :wave: