Hubble Space Telescope Build

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by CardStalker, Mar 1, 2008.

1. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Or you have to let it dry for a few days.
  2. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Back soon

Hello all. Sorry for not posting lately, had a lot going on. With the fire in my town were we lost most of a family, 10 people in all. My father’s heart got worse, had to put him in a home. He is doing better now, but as with everything, not sure how much longer we will have him around. Got the results back from my MRI, definitely have a torn ligament in my rotator cuff, degeneration due to arthritis, fluid buildup in the joint, and a pinched nerve. Going to see the Arthroscopic surgeon on the 28th of the month, and we’ll see what they want to do. Been getting more movement back in my arm and have been doing a little bit of building on the test build. Should have some more updates soon, if all goes well. Thank you everyone.
  3. winterschmied

winterschmied Member

sounds you've got the big number in the lottery form the great master above.
    I wish you all the best in this situation.

(it can only go better, because you've got the pope in your country:cool:)
  4. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Look after yourself. Rest up.
  5. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Thanks guy's it means a lot to me. My best to you.
  6. George B

George B Senior Member

I blew out the ACL on my right knee years ago and underwent 3 surgeries. No fun but worth it in the end. Hang in there pal.
  7. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Thanks George, BTW the LUT and the Crawler are looking just great. My best to you.
  8. KCStephens

KCStephens Member

Great job on the mirror, that chrome paint really did the trick! That along with your other little touches are beginning to turn into quite the beautiful model. Also...I hope everything soon gets back on track for you...take it easy.

9. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

CS, take good care of that priceless arm, my friend... it has a model to finish.
  10. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Kevin, Gerardo, thanks guys your the best. Always nice to hear from you.
  11. scobie48

scobie48 New Member

Great Work

Hi Cardstalker, Scott here you have got some great stuff here... Sorry to hear about your situation though, it has to be hard, but if its OK with you I'll keep you and your family in PRAYER
  12. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Thank you Scott that would be very, very nice of you.
  13. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Hello all. It’s been a while since I posted last. Things have not been good here lately. Not good for my shoulder, past injuries have made it very unlikely that they can repair it. So, I’m undergoing therapy to try and regain some of the movement back. It is better now then it was, so I hope it improves more. The other thing that has stopped my life for a bit was my father passed away on the 8th of May. He was a good man, and I will miss him. So a lot of my time between work and my family and trying to put things back together for my mom have taken a lot of time out of my daily life. Hope to get back onto this build soon as I can, even if I don’t make the deadline I will continue this build report until it is done. Bless all you, and thanks.
  14. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

First, my condolences. Second, I feel your pain on the shoulder Dude and wish you the best. I know from pain and irreprable damage. Third, wish your Mom the best, it has to be hard. Finally, don't worry about the freakin model, take care of business.:thumb:
  15. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Hi Cardstalker,

Sorry to hear of your sad loss. It's times like this when the support of a strong family is most important for all involved. I hope your shoulder improves quickly. Look forward to seeing the rest of the build whenever you manage to find the time.

My very best wishes to your, your mum and family.
  16. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

CS, I'm sorry to read about your dad. I hope you and your family can go thru this difficult time. All my best to you.
  17. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

CardStalker, my condolences to you and your family. I will be praying for you and your family. I hope your arm gets better too. :smile:
  18. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I'm sorry about the arm, Cardstalker. My dad just underwent a total knee replacement surgery, and he's still recovering. My condolences on the loss of your dad. I don't know how I'll handle it when I lose mine, but he's getting a ot older, so I don't know how much time he's got left. I'm spending as much time as I can with him. I hate to say it, but things like this make me realize just how precious life really is.

Take care, mate. We're all in this together, like a family. :)
  19. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Cardstalker; Sorry to hear of his passing... i lost my father years ago and my mother more recently... Yeah, take care of your mother and your shoulder..
    Please accept our condolences..
  20. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Thank you everyone. Its very nice to have all of you as friends. I've got more done on the model, and when I get time I'll post what I have so far. Won't make the dead line, but I will keep going till it's done. My best to everyone.