Hpi

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by kdolloff, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdolloff

kdolloff New Member

I have a chance to buy a hpi rush from a guy for $40. The engine runs but it is hard to start and once you get it started it will run for a couple of minutes and die. Everthing else is in good shape. The only other thing that i know about the cars is it is about 1 1/2 years old. Should i go ahead and buy it?
  2. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

Good price, but you might have to buy a new engine or rebuilt the one it has.
  3. kdolloff

kdolloff New Member

What would be a good engine to put in it. I am new to nitro.
  4. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

OS .15CVR-X Its affordable and puts out about 1.25 Horse. And yes the Motor in it now is junk... Overall the rush is a good truck but you may grow tired of it quickly because of its low mod ability. But for 40 bucks you cant go wrong.
  5. rstaubach_12

rstaubach_12 Member

I agree... 40 bones for any car, as long as it isn't Radio Shack, is a good deal. I have the OS .15 in my T-maxx and love it. Great deal and a good starter R/C project.
  6. kdolloff

kdolloff New Member

I talked to the guy and he said i could have it for free. I just went to my lhs and got a Nitro Sport SE yesterday also. Is there any hop ups for a Sport SE? I going to wait to rebuild the HPI until i get more money.
  7. rstaubach_12

rstaubach_12 Member

8. kdolloff

kdolloff New Member

Thanks for the input
  9. So you got that rush for free??? Where am I when people decide to give out cars for free??
  10. kdolloff

kdolloff New Member

At first he said he wanted $40 or $50 but the next day he just gave it to me! I wish i had some money to put in it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.