HPI Stage-D

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by s2, Jul 9, 2004.

1. s2

s2 Guest

With the sucess of the yokomo drift platform, HPI have released in japan some drift tyres and wheels, they come in 26mm and 30mm pairs. they are called Stage-D and are being used in august as a control tyre for a hpi sponsered rc drifting event. to me they look rubber, cant be sure though. ive also heard that HPI will e releasing a drift chassis pack, dont know anyting about it though. could it be unvailed in august at the stage-d event?????
    anyway here are some pictures...........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stay sideways

Stew
  2. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Wow nice find, ill have to keep an eye out for those..
  3. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Thanks! Those are AWSOME! I hope its a ABS/Tyre combo for the compound rubber.
  4. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

yeah that is really sweet i am a big hpi fan and would definitely buy an hpi drift car and definitely the wheels and tires
  5. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Guest

i think HPI is gonna top yokomo products
  6. Nick S.

Nick S. Guest

How much
  7. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

They arnt out yet. (*are they?) I e-mailed HPI about them... but yet to get a reply.

But im not big on the rims... but those tires are going to be awsome! I see a Micro RSD in the works. (for those of you a lil slow to figure it out (jj :lol: ) its micro rs*drifter*)
  8. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

I think yokomo may beat them to the punch again...

[​IMG]
  9. mfzero

mfzero Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'ld hit that :!: :shock:
  10. R_man_5k

R_man_5k Guest

any word back from HPI yet???
    I plan to be at the HPI Challenge in Austin TX August 7th-8th ... may be they will have something there...
  11. Nick S.

Nick S. Guest

I WOULD TO!!
  12. RC-Drift.com

RC-Drift.com Guest

what did I say a month ago, the manufacturers are barging in, it won't be long before rules/regs are announced and we're all wallet racing again.

I've been around rc for nearly 30 years, I've seen it happen time and time again, RC Drifting = cash cow!
  13. wow i hope they work just as good as my pvc. i cant wait to try them out
  14. SiL_15_80

SiL_15_80 Guest

hey guys sorry for da late reply but the stage d tyres are only use for high speed drifting just like for nitro :lol:
  15. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Thats what I have come across to but I still want to get ahold of some and see if they work very well on an electric...
  16. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

I dont see why not, just get your electric going fast. No more Ballets...
  17. they work outstanding on both elec and gas. mine came with the conversion kit.