hpi savage 25 vs t-maxx

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by nellyneil, Feb 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nellyneil

nellyneil New Member

what mods will i need 2 do to make my savage faster than a t-maxx???
  2. cynical

cynical Member

get a wasp .26 engine that will make it burn rubber
  3. nellyneil

nellyneil New Member

what size crankshaft
  4. mastmec

mastmec Member

Lighten up the truck by getting rid of the aluminum and replace with carbon fiber chassis, lose anything it doesn't need. Use 4 shocks instead of 8, you'll need stiffer springs. Use the smallest diameter tires you can get with lightest wheels, get rid of reverse (rotating mass) and you can regear to a higher ratio (larger pinion gear) And a high performance race engine helps.
  5. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Is the T-Maxx faster than a Savage? (stock)
  6. mastmec

mastmec Member

7. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

I have heard it is quicker to accelerate but not faster in the long run, not sure though. I have no proof
  8. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Get the clodzilla mod and drop in the .46 engine. That should do it. :)
  9. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

The clodzilla mod is sweet but almost the same price as the truck itself, but you get what you pay for....
  10. dale3

dale3 New Member

Truckzilla would probably not give it more top speed.It will get up to top speed quicker but it will not be able to rev high enough like a .21-.26 to get higher top speeds i think thats why they give you the bigger tires to help the gearing.Its definatly a COOL kit im waiting to get it soon i hope.just because 4.8 hp just sounds fun.LOL.
  11. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

truckzilla has major reliability issues, namely the very poor reliability and customer service on the hb .46 motor. If you have money that you dont need go for it. you could spend that cash on a second savage though. a few changes in gearing and if you have the bucks a xtm 24.7 pro or any of the picco .26 (ofna, werks, orion, picco) all the same essentially, will make your savage kill a tmaxx and after the tmaxx breaks on the first jump then you can drive all over the broken parts like a real monster jam! (can you tell i love my savages)
  12. dale3

dale3 New Member

The truck would just be to beat on.My T-MAXX will always be my main truck.If the motor ends up to be a piece of junk then maybe ill try a wasp or something.I ll find out.Maybe it might make like Savages.LOL.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.