HPI RS4 doesn't want to run

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by gobigracer, Aug 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gobigracer

gobigracer New Member

If you want to laugh at me then go ahead but this is my first nitro car and I did all the break in stuff which wasn't easy for me at all, then bought a new glow plug and put an upgraded exhaust on it and I can't get it to stay running at all. I've turned the screws all the way in and then taken them out per the manual but it still won't run. It hardly starts. If anyone can help or is in Orlando that can help in person please do.
  2. TCrox

TCrox Member

Do you still have compression? There's a silver "bell wheel" (I don't know the proper term) that comes off the front of the engine. Try to turn that by hand with the glow plug in, it should be tight at the top and hard to turn. Make sure your high speed needle (the long adujustable screw sticking out on the exhaust side of the engine) is at least 2 1/2 full turns out from closed. Does the car move freely when it's not started? You should be able to give it a little shove and have it continue moving for at least 5 feet.
  3. redheat

redheat Member

It's called a clutch bell. RED
  4. madogmarty

madogmarty Member

if you have a webcam, i can show you what to do. e-mail me
  5. scott555

scott555 Member

you need the fly wheel to be hard to turn. that will tell you if theres good compresion or not. is it the hpi 15FE ? make sure the "Y" brase isent hitting the clutch bell. i had a problem with that. but make sure the car is free to role. is there a hobby shop neer you?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.