HPI RADIO AND RECIEVER HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by ericmcgehee, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

I PUT AN HPI RX-1 RECIEVER IN MY T3, AND AM USING AN HPI TX-2 RADIO. WHEN I PUT THEM IN, I NOTICED THAT IT DORS NOT GO AS FAST, AND THE REVERSE ON THE TRIGGER ONLY MOVES LIKE AN 8TH OF AN INCH, SO ITS ALL OR NOTHING WITH REVERSE.IS THERE ANY WAY TO REPROGRAM THE RECIEVER? IT REALLY SUCKS, ALSO THE STEERING SUCKS TOO, IT NOW TURNS WAY BETTER TO THE LEFT THAN THE RIGHT, AND I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING.
  2. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

ALSO, I HAVE THE 17 TURN DOUBLE IN MY T3 BUT HAVE NOT SWITCHED OUT THE OLD MSC YET, AND MY FRIEND HAS AN EVADER WITH THE STOCH EVERYTHING EXEPT FOR HE SWITCHED TO THE 23 TOOTH GEAR TO REPLACE THE 20 TOOTH STOCH, AND HIS TRUCK IS FASTER. TO MAKE THIS SHORT, I NEED MOOR SPEED.IDEAS? HOW MUCH WILL THE ESC IMPROVE THE SPEED?
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

too bad you didnt tell me to get a life.other wise i would have helped you very easily.
  4. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

You just cant quit can you retard...

Eric: what I would do is take off all your servo horns and center everything on the Transmitter. Things such as D/R, throttle trim, steering trim and such. Now after you have everything centered put the throttle horn on and set your throttle servo so that it opens all the way. Make sure that you have enough to engage the brake with. You may have to elongate/shorten the throttle linkage for this. Next, center your wheels so that they look as close to perfectly strait as you can get. Now put on the steering servo horn. You should be able to adjust the steering trim so that it drives nice and strait from that point. If this doesn't work let me know I will try to help ya out with some other hair-brained idea. LOL. But that should do it.
  5. timrock

timrock Active Member

people are saying you are ericmcgehee, rockn82.and think you are a very strange person becuase they havn`t thought of a logical,possible reason or explaination for you to do that.

i think it is because you own a radio shack/hobby shop and you want to portray to people as if you are a very knowlegable guy and can be a big help so that it will help your business.
  6. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

tim, what are you talking about? they think me and rockn83 are the same or what i dont under stand. i just wanted some info on this piece of crap reciever and transmitter.
  7. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

also, any info on the speed?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.