HP parts. HELP!

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by Nick S., Jul 15, 2004.

1. Nick S.

Nick S. Guest

I need help buying some HP parts for my Yokomo GT4 that arnt to expensive. I am getting a pipe. And some servos because mine are shot. But what else can i do to my car to make it FAST?!?

Nick S.

*waits for sparky to respond*
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Hehe... well, what do you mean by HP?

And to help it go fast, are you racing? As of now ill asume no, and tell you what id do, but if you are, ill change.

Port your engine. What type of pipe are you runing? If its the ovalish one that you bolt one, take a "cone" dremel bit and dremel the corners by where the screw fits in. You want it to kinda basicly make the pipe bigger, there for geting more air flow in. Also, check around for "How to port a engine" and try that. Im unsure of how to do it, but you basicly just dremel the engine sleeve a lil bit. Also, Unshim the head a little bit. If your running 3 shims, take two off. It gives it more compression and better ignition. Umm... bigger Carb. The larger the carb the more air, the more air the more speed. Hrm... what else can you do?...

Im eating right now, so ill finish this out in a bit, just nothings comeing to me. So when im done eating ill give ya some more tips.
  3. Nick S.

Nick S. Guest

Yeah i know what porting is. I race gopeds and have ported many many many motors. I am going to do that soon. But a bigger carb? Can you link me to some place were i can buy i bigger carb i dont know like any good RC car sites for like buying stuff.
  4. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

You can choose where to buy, but heres some of the ones i buy from... so they are good.

Those are the most i buy from. If one doesnt have it, one of the others will.