HP of 2.5

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by JamesVenom, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesVenom

JamesVenom New Member

Hi All

Can anybody tell me what the horse power is on the Traxxas 2.5 please
  2. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

It is roughly 1.3HP
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

man thats not much.you can get a 2.1 engine with more than 2.0 hp.
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

ya that is weak. but the truck runs good for that little hp
  5. JamesVenom

JamesVenom New Member

cheers guys. im intressted in this engine cus its the only half decent one with electic starter motor. Im putting it in a combat robot to power a 2kg spinning flywheel
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

hpi has a roto start that works good and the e-z start could probably fit on other motors than the 2.5
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

ya.monsterrc.
    JamesVenom
    how much HP would you want for your project?
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

you shopuld try to get as much as possible. just look through tower hobbies and other aftermarket parts stores for upgrades. i'd take a look at the wasp .18 or an xtm 24.7 you could probably put roto start on that. i would thiunk the roto start would work on the xtm because thats what most people put in there savage.
  9. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

Man that would be insane! You should get a wasp.26! That engine has more lowend torque with amazing high end rpm than you can ever want! I want to see that in action! a 2 kg spinning wheel of death at 30000 rpm. wow! The rotostarter fits into the .26 no problems. you just need to shimm the oneway shaft in the roto housing.
  10. monsterrcbuilder04

11. lil_man_maas

lil_man_maas New Member

tim rock my friend says you have a 200 mph rusty do u really
  12. monsterrcbuilder04

i think it only goes 125 but not sure.
  13. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

I have the picco p3 in my savage(exact same engine as the wasp) It is a good engine and super fast. I have an xtm 24.7 pro in savage#2 and I like it more. It is a much smoother powerband and easier to drive. It has almost the same top end too. The next engine will be the new rb .28. It will be released anyday now.
  14. monsterrcbuilder04

the only difference between the picco and wasp i s cosmetic right? most savage guys put the 24.7 in over the wasp or picco. if you are into savages here is a good link.

www.savage-central.com
  15. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

4 months ago everyone was buying picco/wasp/p3 engines (all the same the only different one is the werks picco p3 .26 ,it has mod work done on it and is more expensive, not to be confused with the picco p3 which is the same as the others) More people are leaning towards the 24.7 xtm pro. it has a smoother powerband and is easier to tune. I think the next engine that will be popular will be the new rb .28 or the fantom fr.27 these have not been released yet but they are getting alot of talk on all the boards! The mach .26 is also popular it has a stronger low end than the xtm pro but not quite as high rpm. The two engines xtm pro and mach .26 share the same inernals but the mach .26 has a larger bore. I have ran both but I prefer the xtm pro as the top speed is a little better and the low end isnt quite as backflippy.
  16. Teamser

Teamser Member

i have a fantom r .27
  17. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

Really? the fr .27 release date is today..... hmmmm how do you have one already? Not that im saying you dont but hmmmm..... really? what is it in? how long have you owned it? By `have' do you mean preordered it because I know stormer hobbies is accepting preorders? hmmmm.
  18. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

o god try this engine .90 that goes in the Ek4 now that would kick some serious butt, would have to make alot of room to fit it, alot of customizing
  19. redheat

redheat Member

Well back to the question 1.33hp and ranked in the top 5 as far as fastest engine . Car Action MAG.
  20. pimp

pimp Active Member

the trx 2.5 has low power but high rpm so it still makes it a good motor
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.