Howto post pics from the gallery

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
I uploaded a pic in the gallery, I can see it there. But when I want to attach it in a post, copying and pasting the link, using the "insert image" option ( as mentioned by Ezdays in the faq ) the picture is not displayed, just the URL link.
( sorry to look like an idiot :) )

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
I hope you don't mind, but is this the picture?

DB81.jpg

When you want to post the picture, click on the thumbnail to enlarge it, then scroll down to the BB Image Code. Drag across that box until the numbers quit scrolling, then, using "Edit" on your keyboard, "Copy, then "Paste" to your thread.
The line of code text will show on the page that you're composing, but will become a picture once you post it.

Wayne

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
Not again
Testing ( sorry )
Since the last time I lposted a pic linked to the gallery ( jan 21 2007 ) with the help of DoctorWayne , it looks to me that the procedure has been modified, There is no special category anymore for members who just want their pics to be posted on the forum.
So yesterday I had to create my own category ( B.T. folder ) but couldn't link to my pic ( in the layout planning subforum ) following DoctorWayne advise:

When you want to post the picture, click on the thumbnail to enlarge it, then scroll down to the BB Image Code. Drag across that box until the numbers quit scrolling, then, using "Edit" on your keyboard, "Copy, then "Paste" to your thread.
The line of code text will show on the page that you're composing, but will become a picture once you post it.

Wayne

So I'm trying again.

OOPs, it didn't work.
I know the pic had been uploaded in the gallery , ( culvert manual exposure )
What am I doing wrong
T.I.A. for any help ( same old story )

img%5D

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
Thanks DoctorWayne for getting me off the hook ( again ) :)
I started to think that I'm really stupid but guess what? It works fine if I'm using Windows explorer ( Windows 2000 ) but fails if I'm using the Mozilla Firefox web navigator and the Linux operating system. That's strange.
I'll make another attempt using Windows and Mozilla firefox.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
I'd say Linux is the villain. There is a lot of stuff out there that doesn't work with Linux unless you know how to go in and modify Linux to work with it (son has a degree in puters, I'm not that smart!).

Rick

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
oldtanker said:
I'd say Linux is the villain. There is a lot of stuff out there that doesn't work with Linux unless you know how to go in and modify Linux to work with it (son has a degree in puters, I'm not that smart!).

Rick

I'm not sure Rick because as I mentioned , I was able to link pictures from the gallery in january 2007 and at that time I was using the same Linux distribution ( Ubuntu ) and ( most important ) it was the same version number I'm using now.

Of course since january 2007, the Mozilla Firefox and the Ubuntu Linux operating system have had various update and The Gauge gallery has been modified too. So it's difficult to conclude.

Imho, the best option for me is to start another thread about linking to the gallery with Linux and Firefox.
Thanks for your opinion Rick.