Howto install Micro-trains truck assembly ?

Biased turkey

I did some googling , found plenty of links about assembling and installing MTL couplers, but none about how to replace a truck with an MTL truck assembly .
Is it done by just removing the plastic pin holding the original truck in place, removing the original truck, installing the MTL truck and inserting the plastic pin back ?
Any hole to drill or tap ? any shim to install ?

tia for any info.

shaygetz

It's basically just that---a drop in fit for most equipment. Kadee, more than any other manufacturer, took N scale under its wing in the early 70s and made it respectable with its easy conversion kits for both locos and cars...some even as they were being introduced to the open market.

Pooh Bah
I seem to remember from my early days in N that the pins weren't always exact. MT trucks were loose on a lot of the original pins and the MT pins were a bit thick for the holes in the car floors.
MT provided a lot of other parts including washers and plugs.

Biased turkey

Thanks to both of you for taking some of your time to reply and clearing some point that looked confusing to me.
I want to replace 1 truck on a Walthers ballast hopper ( rapido couplers ) with 1 MT truck so I can couple my Atlas cleaning car to a Life-like loco.
I did a fast test by installing an accumate truck from an Intermountain boxcar on the Walthers hopper and it works nicely.
I can now order the proper " drop in fit " truck from MT ( 1035 with bolster shim)