Hows this look?

Playing with paint and wondered if this looks decent.

rs-11%20copy.jpg

Art Decko

Nice color scheme!

My suggestion: try white or matching yellow lettering ... or use outlines (white letters w/black outlines, or visa-versa).

Be careful when you paint the real thing - yellow is a hard color to pull off in scale, many modelers go way overboard with over-saturated colors and end up with a "toy-ish" appearance. If you want to get a realistic 'scale" look, try mixing some pale grey with your yellow.

Actually, this advice applies to all colors including black, but for some reason yellow seems to me to be the most problematical.

Hope you'lll show us the results!

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
I love it but I also agree with changeing the lettering to the yellow. It would make it stand out WAY more :mrgreen: :thumb:

I like the color scheme.
I agree with the others about yellow. I have been airbrushing a long time but still have problems with yellow. I found out, the more red the paint has, like the UP yellow, TTX, the easier it is.

On your paint scheme, I would move the green/yellow separation more to the left until the upper corner touches the cab. It will give you more room for the lettering and you don't have to mask over the uneven surface of the grill.
I also would think about yellow paint at the flat surface at the rear end.
About the lettering. If you do them in yellow, you need to match the paint with the rest but not with white but white could stick out too much.
Not an easy choice to make. Maybe yellow or white with black outline could also be a choice.