Howls's Moving Castle (flying type)

gravewolf

I did this model a few years ago even though I wanted to do the walking type castle but I got the wrong file and accidentally printed it. I don't like wasting paper so I went ahead and built it. It has a pretty nice feature that the wings would flap if you pulled a tube located underneath it. Took me a week to build it cause the instructions were hard to figure out.
Howls_Moving_Castle_by_Gravewolf30.jpg

Howl__s_castle_side_view_by_Gravewolf30.jpg

Howl__s_castle_side_view_by_Gravewolf30.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You did a GREAT job on this model.
I have seen the anime and liked the castle and thought it would be a bugger to make.
Keep up the GREAT work.

BTW, where did you get the model?

Z

Zathros

The walking version cannot be downloaded legally. It was only available in book form, opposed to the Flying Version, which appears at the end of the movie, and can be downloaded. That movie is one of my favorite, though between "Spirited Away", "Princess Mononoke", "Totoro", "Nausicaa:Valley of the winds, and a couple of others, it's impossible to choose!

Great job on the model. I also have this but found it too daunting to take on. :)

gravewolf

@Rhaven
The walking type castle is bigger and much more of a pain to assemble but it looks a lot cooler. I don't remember where I got the files cause this was finished a long time ago but I think it's not that hard to find. I still am thinking about making the walking castle but I'm stuck with a project on my other hobby.

@Zathros
Lol I also have a hard time choosing which one of those anime are the best since I love watching them all. But my daughter loves Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service. She's actually bugging me to make another flying castle but I always find a way to make excuses. It was hard to assemble mainly because of the instructions and I mostly had to rely on pictures from other completed builds. It's still worth building cause it's a great model.

N

niebla de fuego

It looks very nice. I enjoyed a lot building this same model a few years ago. Your model looks cool. :)

Z

Zathros

The walking one is easy to find, it just can't be posted as it is no longer available, and one would have to show the book as we do not allow pirated models to be posted. Even though in reality, if it if made unavailable, or, never was available, then WTF? That's just my personal opinion. The other side of that is I have a model that only 6 people possibly in the world have, Ruben Andres being one of the trusted. No one will ever get that model from me. I gave my word on it. I know the other people who have it, and I am extremely confident that no one will ever get it from them either. Tough issue. The rules are explicit though. :)