Howdy! From The Quasi-Evil One

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Funtime Cthulhu, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Funtime Cthulhu

Funtime Cthulhu New Member

Greetings everyone! :wave:

Wow! I found a fun forum for one of my newer hobbies... cardstock modelling... and one of my old hobbies... Space Exploration!

I've built plastic kits for many years, but with kits becoming more and more expensive, and the variety seeming to diminish... The card stock kit industry has absolutely floored me with its diversity of designs and detail.

The first time I saw "paper models" being advertised, I thought of the silly cut-and-paste activities I did as a pre-schooler. I had no idea that there was a serious hobby community dedicated to high-quality, highly detailed CAD model kits!

Okay... so... now I'm hooked! :mrgreen:

Right now, I'm just a novice card model builder. I hope I'll get better...

Also... I do a lot of illustration and 3DCG design. Hopefully I'll get confident enough to try to convert some of my own designs into buildable card stock models...

But... until then... I'll see what kind of damage I can do with scissors and glue!

Have fun everybody! See ya around! :mrgreen:
  2. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Bwhahaha! Welcome to the dark side.

You know that card modeling was created by the Yog-sogguth, right? :mrgreen:
  3. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Welcome (no longer dreaming?) - sounds like you found the right place. Check out the downloads here and at the Lower Hudson Valley Challenger Center ( for a variety of space models to build your skill level.

4. gleasure

gleasure Member

Welcome from another (almost) fellow newbie!

Hey, now, don't be knockin' my favorite art classes! :mrgreen:

5. bluehmstr

bluehmstr Lurking Newbie

Hi gleasure, I'm new here too. I hope to see lots of your builds! :)