How to make Buildings... The modern way.

Hello over there...

Actually, I'm working on many small buildings in H0-scale to rebuild parts of the modular H0-Layout in our local railroading-club. We are working on an old railway station, so the buildings should look like the old originials. All 15 models have to be scratchbuild.

I've two cnc-mills in my little workshop to do this job.
Here is an overview of both with a G-scale toytrain-car.

15easy_300_1.jpg

On my new big cnc-mill, I can handle sheets with more than 3 feet long and 1 foot width.

First to do is, to get some informations about the prototyp. After weeks of questions, I've got this (bad) picture of the old goods-shed.

15goods.jpg

I've got the lenght and widht of the building out of the originial trackplan. Next was a long day on my PC to draw the parts of this building in CAD.

15drawing.jpg

I've milled the walls out of 3mm styrene sheets. All bricks are engraved before. At the same time, the doors and windows have been milled on my small machine out of 2mm styrene. After assembling and coloring, the model is nearly finished and cann be placed on the new layout tomorrow.

15geb_ude_1.jpg

You can also see a barn on the right and an other small shed in the left.

At the moment, I'm working on the loco-shed.

To be continued.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
You are fortunate to have that neat milling machine Gerd. Shouldn't take you too long to make the 15. Nice work.

spitfire

That's neat Gerd!! I'm very interested in the milling machines, especially the small one. Is that a dremel attached to it? Can you tell me who makes it and how much it costs?

Val

I did a search and found a very low-end milling machine at http://www.maxnc.com/page11.html

It's about $895. Not cheap but when the next-cheapest unit I was able to find was $1295...

I'm very interested in learning more about what's involved, whether the $895 unit is good for anything, etc.

Hello,

I've got my cnc-milld from EAS.

http://www.easgmbh.de/

The small one (called BGS 60) will cost round about 770 Euro + 420 Euro for the interface.
This maschine is designed to hold a dremel and can be used to mill wood and styrene. No brass !

The big mill (called Easy 300) will cost 2000 Euro without milling-motor and interface.

The small one is owned by my father. I've bought the large one and I'm really happy with it. You can do so many thinks with this engine. Thats great.

At the moment, I'm working on the locoshed-drawings. I hope I can finish the walls today