How To Internet Connectivity Through Electrical Outlets

Status
Not open for further replies.

shop-conrad

Nov 29, 2011
The Future is here. You can now get internet and digital TV reception from any electrical outlet on any floor. No messy cables, no radiation exposure from Wireless LAN.

jaffro

Long term member
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
and the award for lamest bot ever, goes to ^^ that guy.

or is it just not possible for a first time poster to post a url? either way, I just had a chuckle. :thumb:

Z

Zathros

On the outside chance that it is someone with a touch of "noob", I'll look at it tomorrow and see where it goes, or doesn't. Almost like a can of unopened SPAM! :)

jaffro

Long term member
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
yeah I spose I could/should have given the benefit of the doubt, but when I was mod/admin here we got about 5 of these a day from random bots... Jury is out.

jaffro

Long term member
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
yeah it's been around for a while now, there's some devices you can get that plug into your electrical outlet so you can use the wiring throughout your home to share internet connections with any room in the house, it's a great idea if you don't want to have to pay someone to install extra cabling or you don't want to have ugly cables lying around the house... Having said that though, it's a lot easier (and I think cheaper) to go with wireless these days.

Z

Zathros

Yes, it is. I had a device that I could plug into the wall outlet and any device plugged into that module could be controlled by the master control box. I could turn in on or off, and if it was a light, I could dim it. The devices had to be on the same circuit. I also had a device that turned your houses wiring system into one big antennae. Sounds good but you pick up all kinds of junk and it isn't as good as an idea as it seems. There was a box that was supposed to filter everything out, but it did not work very well.

Innteresting enough is what is gong on in the train part of this forum. N scale trains run on D.CC., each track being positive or negative. Now, they can send a digital pulse through the track and the train has circuity so that a train can be made to go backwards.. Theoretically, you could pull the Gomez Addams routine and make your trains collide which was impossible on N scale trains some years back. A houses wiring system can be used for all manner of things if the A/C is filtered or used to piggy back signals on.

As far as Radiation exposure from wireless LAN, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's ridiculous. :) (IMHO)

Status
Not open for further replies.