how to design new original models?

Jgop68

Sep 29, 2011
I am fairly new at this paper modeling, and already would like to know what steps are normally taken to design & develop new original design models? I have 14 years experience at AutoCAD, does that help?

Z

Zathros

It should be all you need. I would suggest finding a model that suits your interests. Another approach would be to familiarize yourself with the making of the subsections. If you want to model a fuselage, it is better to find a print that has formers for the body sections and adjust the control points to gt the shape you want. Not all the formers are right, but quite a few are very close.

There are a lot of steps as one gets into the graphics end. There are people who make fantastic models just using paint programs. The best way is to just start. Download some free models, look at what others are doing, Hobby standards, and then see how you can come up with a technique that you are comfortable working with.

A bit of a simplification. There is no one "right way". I know some people who do the whole process without ever using any computer or calculator. Just a pencil, square and compass can make the most fantastic designs, as history has shown. :)