How to construct pieces that aren't numbered

Discussion in 'How Do I...' started by amyleew1, Jan 29, 2013.

1. amyleew1

amyleew1 New Member

I am new to paper models and I have finished one but the next one I want to work on is SSBB Yoshi ( ) but I am having trouble getting started because I haven't made one where the pieces aren't numbered or have some idea of how they go together. My question is, when you have a whole lot of pieces with no instructions or numbers, how do you go about working out which parts are which and whether the score lines bend inward or out?
  2. lehcyfer

lehcyfer Member

Unfortunately, the only way in such case is to imagine them coming together in your head first - based on the available pictures of a completed model. Good exercise for gaining 3D orientation :)

Just do it, and if you make a mistake, you can always print one sheet more :D
  3. Rogerio Silva

Rogerio Silva Active Member

If the file is in PDO format, you can check which piece fits in which, because Pepakura (both Viewer and Designer) have this feature.
  4. amyleew1

amyleew1 New Member

I think I am already able to see in 3D a little bit better but I have a long way to go. It is like a jigsaw. Thanks Lehcyfer. Thanks Rogerio Silva, I found the pdo in the zip folder yesterday, looked and it is fantastic. It even shows which ends match to each piece so it really is a good way to reference it. Better than the pdf instructions I was working from with the last one. They were well done but this is much clearer.