How tight?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by billk, Oct 12, 2001.

?

What would you do ...

1. Not use the additional space - keep everything the same.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Expand your present layout.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Rebuild your layout, keeping the same scale.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Rebuild your layout, going to a larger scale (N to HO, for example)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Take up basket weaving

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. billk

billk Active Member

About time for another poll. What's the smallest radius curve on your layout? Hidden or visible, doesn't matter. To make this scale-transparent, the answers are in 1:1 scale, you'll have to do some math. Pick the choice closest to what you use.
  2. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

raduis

My smallest radius is 16" (in HO) or 116'. Too small for some rollingstock.
  3. BDC

BDC Member

Smallest I've currently got is 11" in Nscale, but running on Kato Unitrack on the dining room table lets me make major changes to my "layout" very quickly. When I start building a permanent layout I'd like to go 18" or larger.
  4. K.V.Div

K.V.Div Member

The smallest I use is 12" radius on the nTrak Mountain Division, otherwise I use 18" minumum on the oNetrak modules and that will be the minumum on my next layout.:D
    Also, I do have a small 2ft x 4ft operating display layout featuring a winter scene which uses 9 3/4 in radius (My Christmas Layout). :)
    Happy Modeling.
    Cheers.

Terry
  5. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

curve poll

I've got a 11 1/2 radius on my HO layout. Of course I need to tell you that it is for a shay and short logging cars. Since all I use is flex track, I make whatever radius that is dictated by size. Most of mine is 22-25" radius.

Lynn
  6. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

My curves have radii running from 27" up to 30"

Bob