How old are you ?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by alex_mrrkb, Jan 1, 2003.

1. ausien

ausien Active Member

Hi guys, acording to jon monon post(#11) we have over 500 yrs of modeling expertise, because we are members of the gauge, and we are willing to share our knowlage with each other. there are always more than one way to do something, as my dad used to say, there1s the right way, the wrong way, and then there MY way. he was speaking from his own experance, trying to put some of his knowlage into my head as a kid (not an easy task) it is one reason that I like the gauge so much, there is a vast amount of experance out the, and not just from the older kids than me, but I have learnt a lot from the younger kids that post here the best part about that is you realy dont know if the guy you are taking advice from is 16 or 70 somthing. we all have something to add to the mix in making the Railroads Run.

as for getting younger blood into the hobby, at our club we have a kids day once a mounth, they have their own layout, do the work, from benchwork to the sceneary, and even scratch building structures and other stuff 8 to 16. the older members only offer them advice and explanations, you could try this in your clubs. just a sujestion... have a good one... long live the GAUGE...steve
  2. capt_turk

capt_turk Member

The modelers between 40 and 55 just realized that they better get their tails in gear and get something put away for retirement. They're too buzy working! lol
  3. COCentralRR

COCentralRR New Member

In two months I'm halfway to 80... But, as an old friend of mine once told me, "Remember, age only counts if you're wine or cheese..."
  4. 2slim

2slim Member

I agree with Robin, "my trains keep me young", however I'm still much too young to feel so dammed old!! Good thing we're not talkin' bout looks, cause I'm much older than I am good lookin'... :D

5. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Looks like I'm the greatgrand pappy of this bunch. I'm 64

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :wave:
  6. ausien

ausien Active Member

I always thought it was, Your only as old as the one your feeling.:D :D :D ...have a good one..steve
  7. seanm

seanm Member

As Santa says... "I am as old as my gums and a little older then my teeth."
  8. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

old, old, old

I'm curious as to who is the one that is 90+. Come May, I change age category to 75-80. Sorry to bust your bubble Ron. At least you are dry behind the ears. Some of these young whipper-snappers may not even know what that means.

9. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

45 come Febuary...yikes, I really do have an Xacto knife older than some folks here. :p
  10. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

I'm 66, and will turn 67 this May.... (getting older may not sound real good, but when you look at the alternative.... it ain't too bad !)

Bob ;)
  11. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

That must be the reason why my age varies from 30 to 80. :D :D :D
  12. ausien

ausien Active Member

eh what was that sonny, you have to speak up (I have a little jelly in one ear, and custard in the other, in other words, I`m a triffle deeaf :D :D :D :D ...have a good one..steve
  13. robt46

robt46 Member

My age is-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh---! Hold on I'll be back.Robt.
  14. robt46

robt46 Member

My age is 58. Whew! Made sure just checked my Drivers thing. Robt.
  15. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hi Lynn,

Yea, I heard that one many times. When I said that there was only about eight answers to the question. Then I tried to go back to other posts but could'nt get any response from the gauge. Then I was on the first page but tonight I think I'm on the last page. I wonder what happened?

Ron :thumb: :thumb:
  16. EL3625

EL3625 New Member

Hee Hee.

I'm 60 and on 3/07 I'll be 61. I'm already retired (thanks NS) and having a ball. Been into Model Railroading non-stop since I was nine. It doesn't get any better.
    Right now working on my 10th railroad and hope it won't be my last. There's always something new just around the corner.
    John D.
  17. rcline

rcline Member

When November gets here, I'll be standing on top of the hill! :wave:
    Thats 50 to you young tumble weeds. But every time I go
    out to the game room to "PLAY" :thumb: and have a good time, I
    find that I am really, only "10 Years Old Again " !! :eek:
  18. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hey John

I'll be sixty five on the eighth and a big welcome to the gauge.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :wave:
  19. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:sleeping: Hi all, I'll be 64 come Sept. I reall enjoy the hobbie more now than I did years ago. All the things now to help you with, such as this discussion on the computer. But it seemed I spent a life of hurry and worry, worry and hurry. Now with the hobby I am 20, tomorrow I'll be 12, no hurry, no worry. As I model I think of my mom, dad, brothers and sister. It's a time machine for me, it makes me young and back to the past, it takes me years ahead and what will come in the future. Who could ask for more? A time machine right here in your own home! :wave: Jim
  20. theBear

theBear Member

I have train parts older than you and congrats on getting your web addy into working status [​IMG].