How much time do you spend?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cgutzmer, Sep 14, 2006.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

How much time do you get to spend per week on your models? This includes designing, making, making accessories like display cases (if you do that) or anything else related....
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

ummm.... I was one of the "25 or more"............

I'm a card modeler and I've been cutting paper for two years............... (other card modelers stand and clap)

seriously........ this helps me relax and ain't that what a hobby supposed to do?

gotta go........... a guy from the city is here wanting to know if I plan on bailing my yard and sell the hay anytime soon. Geez!
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I was just gonna ask about that vote! It sure is what a hobby is for! :D Go mow your lawn - maybe it will move you to the 21-25 category next week ;)
  4. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

When I'm hobby building (others designs) I would neatly fit into the 8-10 category.

When I'm doing design however, you didn't include an "Every available waking moment until it's done" bracket:twisted:
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Dang! I knew I missed a time frame! :D
  6. 46rob

46rob Member

I put myuself in the 4 to 7 bracket, because that's what the average has been recently. Occasionally, though, I'll peg the meter.
  7. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Er, how do I seperate trawling through this site and actually cutting and glueing? I seem to spend a lot more time doing one than the other.....

Tim P (wunwinglow)
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Heck I didnt think about trawling the site! I guess that puts me at over 40 hours since I do it from work constantly ;)
  9. ShaunGamer

ShaunGamer Member

Its hard to average it out, but 8-10 sounds about right for me. Although there are plenty of "Every available waking moment until it's done" times as well! (Especially around competitions!) :D
  10. shrike

shrike Guest

It depends on the reality TV Schedule. If the rest of the family is watching "Which Kid Wants to Dance a Duet with an Idolatrous American While the Band Rips Off A SoCal Punk Group's Name", then I can get in a lot of modelling. If PBS has some bit of goodness on, then not much happens.
  11. 46rob

46rob Member

My biggest obstacle to cardmodeling is my addiction to books. If I find a good one (easy) I'll practically read non stop until it's devoured.
  12. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

I put 16-20 since that is what it has been this week. It really changes constantly from week to week depending on my mood :-D
    Just got an order from lighthouse though so it may go to the "from the minute I wake up until i passout on the cutting mat" next week.
  13. John Dell

John Dell New Member

Not enough.
  14. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Counting trolling this site and prolling the web, probably at least 20 hours a week. I am about to start devoting time to actually building models, so that time will probaby go up. I find it pretty relaxing most of the time.
  15. silverw

silverw Member

Well, if we are going to include "or other related activities" I'm going to have to be in the 25 or more group!

I don't get to do very much building, in the summer(someone is nagging me to finish the deck ... or something!)... but, even then ... 2 coffee breaks and a lunch hour is usually good for at least an hour at, or other forum, while I'm supposed to be at work!! :) Then probably at least an hour before or after work, .... at home! (Hummm... that would be 12 hours a week,... and I haven't even picked up a piece of paper yet.

In the winter, designing or building could be anything up to 24 hours a day, for a couple days off work. I have been known to fry a couple eggs when the sun comes up.... and then go right back at it!!

So, average it all out.... who knows!!
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I wasnt really considering including surfing the net but thats all right ;) heh heh. Unforseen twist!
  17. cjd

cjd Member

Nowhere near enough time - can somebody put another 6 hours in the day please?
  18. sparrowhawk

sparrowhawk Member

Same with me. Spending about 1 hour a day at the german forum. Otherwise it´s about 75 minutes every evening. As I do not own a TV set, there is lots of time to listen to some good music doing this.