How Many Railroaders On The Forum?

casey12345678

How many Railroaders or x Railroaders do we have on the Forum
smile.gif

Art

casey12345678

Hello Bill.

I am retired with a back injury from Chessie System. I am one of the few who apreciate signal repair men. I ran the famous Sand Patch Grade for many years from Cumberland to Connellsville Pa.and there is nuthing more scary than to run the mountain on Train Orders Stop short of a train or obstruction in heavy fog. So Bill keep up the good work. And I hope we can get more Railroaders on the forum.

Art

railohio

I'm a wannabe railroader, if that counts for anything. :)

Actually, I do volunteer work on the Toledo, Lake Erie & Western Railway out of Grand Rapids, Ohio. Most of my work is in the MoW field, but I occasionally have been pushed into on-board service.

My goal, once I'm out of school, is to start a career in railroading.

------------------
Brian Schmidt
railohio@trainorders.com
ICQ #21630753
AIM - railohio

W

wt&c

you're not alone, I can't decide either being a Meteorologist for the National Weather Service, or an Automobile Designer for GM or working for CSX, (not NS I don't like the idea of pooping in a bag and having to stick your head out the window in -30degree eather and 35mph, to see aroung the D**N high nosed Geep(or SD). geez.

T.K.Marletter

retired railroader from MD. I worked on Sand Patch and Cranberry for 30 years. Iv'e got some stories to tell if anyone's interested.\
wink.gif

Woodie

Greg,

Is that a Melbourne Tram icon on your homepage???? Sure looks like one! I know they run them in Seattle as a tourist attraction. (think it's Seattle)

TOOT!

Vincent

I work for a small short line railroad, we interchange with the NS on each end. Move freight across the mouth of the Cheaspeak Bay a 17 mile trip, float the cars on a barge. It is called the Eastern Shore Railroad it has 70 miles of main line track

http://members.visi.net/~trains/

Vincent,
welcome to The Gauge
Here is a picture of the Barge Taken Sept 2000, Have stacks more to post, facinating Short Line would be good to model
fe672e04.jpg

Bob Collins

Mishka;

Do you work the UPRR line that goes through Dexter? Does that line also run through DeSoto? I've been both places and know the UPRR goes through both, but don't know if it is the same line.

I live near enough to the BNSF to hear them coming through Rolla. Someday I'll take the time to begin to learn the different types of diesels. Have always been facinated with the steam. Think that shows my age.

I worked my way through college as a tinners helper on the UP in the Omaha yards. Was in the days of those magnificent monster gas turbines. Gosh they were beautiful, and not too shabby in the pulling department either. The story in those days was that to bring a 125 car freight out of the Missouri River bottoms up onto the plains heading west out of Omaha it took four F units plus two pushers. With the turbine it could pull the consist out of the yards, stop half way up the grade and then start up again and pull the consist out onto the plain heading for Grand Island.

I am also old enough to remember trying to race both the FEF 4-8-4's and Challenger 4-6-6-4 going west out of Omaha with the speedometer in the car registering 80 and the freight pulling away from us!!

Oh, those were the days.

Bob

Mishka

Bob,

Yes, I work out of Dexter (extra board right now) protecting runs to St Louis, Salem, IL, and Memphis.

The line that runs through Dexter goes to Illmo(Scott City to non- railroaders) where it crosses the Mississippi River into Thebes. This is the Chester Subdivision and goes to St Louis. The line running through Desoto is the Desoto Subdivision and begins at Poplar Bluff. It also ends in St Louis, but on the Missouri side of the river.

Do you have any photos of your days working in Omaha? I am interested in UP's FEF-3's, 4-6-6-4's and Turbines. I was fortunate enough to ride an excursion pulled by the 844 back in 1996 and have been fascinated by that engine ever since. I saw the Challenger locomotive in Chester, IL back in June when it was in St Louis for the NRHS Convention. It was an awesome sight.

There is nothing like a steam locomotive!!

ceebeenq

ex- brakie

Hi all-- I don't post here often but checked in today. I was a brakeman for the CNW out of South Pekin and Proviso in the early 80's. Was furloughed and found a different job and never went back. Many that I worked with are now on the coal line in Wyoming. Am now seriously ill with railroad-itis and am a photo bug . Just starting in modeling, too.
Cheers
CBnQ

Railway man

I started with the CN (in 1984) in Edmonton AB as a HD Mechanic, left them after ten years, I quite, to go work for the Central Western Railway in Stettler AB. I was Mechanical Supervisor there for two years. Then RaiLink transfered me to North Bay ON to start up the Ottawa Valley Railway, again as a Mechanical Supervisor. After three years of very diligent work RaiLink transfered me to the Mackenzie Northern Railway in McLennan AB. Then RailAmerica took over and that is when I decided enough of this management stuff, and jumped the fence to the UTU. Have been a Conductor for just over six months now. Things have never been better!

Drew