How many pictures can I take...

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
...of the same spot on a layout???

Well, let's see...

As this is the only "presentable" side to my West Hill Railroad layout, I have to keep it interesting by adding new things and rearranging the moveable bits. I'll get around to putting in the church and graveyard in the back...eventually... Then I'll have the option of turning the whole thing around now and then to keep it more interesting.

I originally wasn't going to post these pics. They were rejects from this month's contest. But after Fifer's and Errol's rousing speeches about keeping things alive in the N/Z Scale forum, I figured it was my solemn duty. :)

This first one is the original from which I cut the picture that I put in the contest. My section at work had to move from our "real" offices into cubicles. The layout, which originally sat on a file cabinet, now sits on a shelf above my computer monitor.

I intend to make a new backdrop that fits the space...someday...

Attachments

• store1.jpg
    store1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 164

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Here's yet another picture of the store. I love those Classic Metal Works vehicles. I move them around from time to time so folks in the office will have something new to look for.

The face on the lower-right is that of a paper model of Thomas the Tank Engine I built a few years ago.

Attachments

• store2.jpg
    store2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 163

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Thanks for the compliments!

Will, that is the edge of a forest of cubicus wallus. It has lovely maroon foliage in the early spring. All of our cubicle walls are maroon with a sort of tan trim. Officially, according to Texas Correctional Industries, the color scheme is called "African" with "putty" trim.

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
We're all in the same boat!

Rory, what you got there is a charming scene and beautifully photographed too.
No matter how big (or small) our layouts are there are several angles from which to take photographs, then, just as you say, all we can do is change a few details to create a different but still interesting photo.
It's this same thought that keeps running through my mind which tends to make me think that creating dioramas instead of a layout is probably the best way to go if one enjoys modelling rather than operating the trains.

You made a fine looking model there sir!

Errol

rcwatkins

Jul 4, 2003
TN
Visit site
It's cool but were the hobos arrested for being on the trains? Maybe they have served their time picking up trash on the side of the RR. Or maybe they are hiding from RR police. :D