How many of you have done this???

Peugeotlew

Nov 14, 2006
Odenton Maryland
My wife actually got me into it . I had alway wanted to get into it but had other hobbies. Now it is one thing that we both enjoy. Linda actually buys more engines and rolling stock than I do :) She loves the B&O and I the D&H. Her plan is to re-create parts of the Brunswick MD yard. She grew up around there and her dad worked out of that yard.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Just found out last night about this!

My nephew got married last spring to an artist. He has been helping me some with our house renovation. Now that I have trains up and running I got him hooked. He is bringing his wife over to see some of the stuff he did to our house (wood ceiling in the living room) and wants to show her the train stuff as pathetic as it is at this point. He's thinking that she may be interested in doing back drops for me and helping him do a layout himself!!!!!

Rick

joefryfry

joefryfry
Jan 12, 2006
PA
www.bluemountainaerialmapping.com
My girlfriend couldn't be less interested, although she does like to paint. I even built her a scrap booking area with our computer so she could be downstairs when I am working on the layout. She barely uses the PC and never got into her scrapbooking. That's okay. Those little spurs on my 4x10 layout are for future expansion, which is going to go along the wall of the room, after I move the computer area. Ha! (Ten years from now, of course, when I finish the first part of the layout.

Alan Bickley

Dec 22, 2003
Bicester, Oxford, UK
Visit site
I was chatting to one of my society colleagues at a national exhibition last weekend and he told me his wife will kill him if she found out how much he was spending at the trade stands! I guess I will never have that problem with my fiance as she spent more of my money than I did at that event!!!

train1

Jan 19, 2005
ontario
My first wife (that's the one I'm currently married to) likes looking at the layouts when they are finished - but unfortunately shows no interest in my indulgence or is willing to assist in my passion.

OnTrack

Sep 24, 2006
Amelia, ohio
Im not married (im only 18) but ive had the same Girlfriend of 6 years. She like's the scenery aspect, shes not so much into the trains. But she just thinks its "ridiculous how those little things cost so much"sign1 SHE CAN GET OVER IT!

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
One of my friends (now deceased) built his wife some shelves for her sewing in the room next to the railway. It wasn't until it was finished that she found out that one of the shelves had two tracks leading to a turntable for automatic turning of the engine so it could pull the train back!

When I go to a train shop with my wife, I find that she often spends more than I do.

Knighthawk

Feb 1, 2006
OnTrack said:
Im not married (im only 18) but ive had the same Girlfriend of 6 years. She like's the scenery aspect, shes not so much into the trains. But she just thinks its "ridiculous how those little things cost so much"sign1 SHE CAN GET OVER IT!

Jewelery is smaller, and it costs more:curse: ! Yet , women don't complain about that.:rolleyes: sign1

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
:cry: My wife is suportive(says it gives me something to do since I became disabled), and will take me to the lhs, but other than that ,wants nothing to do with the hobby.
Loren