How many of you are ex-service?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by GT5500, Jun 27, 2006.

1. bigtom

bigtom Member

I was in the 36th division of The Texas National Guard.

Models keep me Semi-sane
  2. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I think I sent Steffers a black and white photo of a Huey from underneath just after I exited the bird via a rope...or was it when it was positioning for a rope pickup...can't quite remember now. But it was fun. I've logged lots of hours on rotary wings of various types and loved it. I even hung out one or two on straps while shooting photos. One of the benefits of my Public Affairs job 8v)

3. wyverns4

wyverns4 Member

Semer Fi!

Former US Marine here, F-4 Phantom Ordnance Tech. I was building models long before I enlisted in the Corps. Guess it is just my life's calling!

4. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

U. S. Navy, Retired

I was a Navy Corpsman for 20 years. Retired as a Petty Officer First Class. Just retired this past August.
  5. cygielski

cygielski Member

Jeez, that just made me think -- if I had stayed in the Navy, I'd be up for retirement next year.:shock: Although judging by the condition in which my division chief retired, I'd have been much worse for wear than I am today. :grin:
  6. Renaud

Renaud Member

spent one year in the army, along with 60% of my fellow citizens, as an infantryman, August 1984 to July 1985. More than twenty years after, from time to time, it seems to me I am still wearing the uniform, the rifle and the equipment on my shoulders. I can't get rid of this particular feeling each time this era reminds to my memory, as if I were just leaving them one minute before. Am I 22 or 44 years old, a very strange feeling indeed.
  7. possm_23

possm_23 Member

I volunteered for the Navy in "68" but they turned me down and classified me 4F....when my recruiter told me i cried......I feel i missed so much by not being able to serve my country.......but i can thank all of yall that did your part.....I salute you.....:)
  8. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

Phantom Phixer

One ex-ordnanceman to another: Have you looked at the USMC F-4B model at the Fiddlersgreen site? VMFA-323.
    -Jim G
  9. Corporal_Trim

Corporal_Trim Member

That is well said, you have captured the feeling nicely, Renaud. :)

Me ? US Army 1970-1973. 11th Armored Cav, Vietnam: '70-71.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Well, I never served in the armed forces...however, I am the SUPREME COMMANDER of the militant wing of the Salvation Army! :rofl: :razz:

Here in the USA, it is the Independance day holiday weekend, and it should be a time that we think about and thank those who serve in te armed forces.

have a good day, :)

Greg aka GW

at ease men! dismissed.
  11. tzachil

tzachil New Member

I am a major in the IDF (Israeli defance force) still serving in reserve.
  12. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

1974-1985 (including 7 years of reserve service. Israeli air force, ground crew(armament), of A-4E/N and TA-4.

13. Vess Irvine

Vess Irvine New Member

Aircraft Designer - S3A Viking - Lockheed Aircraft Company (CALAC) 1968-74. Worked in the "bomber works," not the "skunk works." According to ADP people, any drone can design a bomber.

Yes, perhaps that is true; but also true, we bomber people kept the paychecks coming, the retirement plans fully funded, the stockholders happy (except for the Cheyenne, C5A and L-1011 fiascos, not my doing) and the grass watered and mowed at the employee center. So there.

...... /Vess []
  14. lrjanzen

lrjanzen Member

USN Chief Engineer for 12 Years. But my interests are Architectual from my visits overseas.
  15. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

United States Coast Guard, 1979, Tra-Cen Alameda, California.
    Honorably discharged after telling my C.O. where he can put his over inflated Ego.
  16. ejgray52

ejgray52 New Member

As for me, 12 years in the RAF (L Tech AC) followed by 12 years with British Aerospace working with the Saudi Air Force... so my claim to fame is getting a Gulf War medal as a civilian.....(still have the scud watchers tee shirt)
  17. OldSalt

OldSalt Member

1962-1986 USN Polaris/Poseidon tech then Electronics Commissioned Warrant Officer on aircraft carriers. Worked at Newport News Shipbuidling for a bit - well more than a bit and am now enjoying "compensated unemployment" - aka retirement.
  18. dolphinops

dolphinops New Member

27 years watching the skies and still counting.
  19. rjm

rjm Member

3 years, 3 months, 18 days in USAF 1957-1960. AACS Squadrons at
    Mountain Home AFB Idaho and Naha Okinawa. Since then worked
    At Collins Radio testing various electronics until retirement.
  20. Felixdk

Felixdk New Member

All over the place with USAF Security Service 66-70. Wish I'd stayed in.