How many models have you designed?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by paper warrior, Nov 4, 2006.

1. hpept

hpept Member

I can say 2 and a half.
    I designed from scratch the1/200 Space Shuttle stack that is hosted at the site of jleslie, the building i'm presently living in, and converted the Boeing 747(this is the "half", cause project is not entirely mine) from JAL site to something more presentable for the Shuttle Carrier Aircraft + tail cone for the Orbiter.
    I know it's not that much, but i think that from now on my production will increase noticeably... snare drums rolling... trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    I'm in the "kick-off" phase of starting a new activity in which i'll build houses and building scale models for construction companies. Wish me luck.....:)

NULLMOON Member

1 and it was crap so i gave it up as a bad idea ..until i can master modeling software at least
  3. minbas

minbas New Member

7 finished and 2 in work

SEBRET Member

none finished and many many in the works, lol
  5. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

6. willygoat

willygoat Member

I haven't designed any whole models. I have done a few custom "tweaks" to parts of models before. I've also repainted about 6 or 7 planes. The closest I've come to "designing" would have to be the reference material I have provided to many others with considerably higher design ability.:p
  7. hmas

hmas Member

3-5 if the following counts quick buildings for a train layout, only had to survive for 3 days, which they did even in the rain!(which fortunetly was on the 3rd day) . not that anyone would want to copy those items! no plans just cut & painted cereal packets.

Now my son did a passable representation of a submarine when he was about 5 from seeing the original
  8. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

4 already done and gone, 1 in beta test phase and about 15 in various stages of the modeling process... Most are from movies and Anime, but I have 1 uniquely my own ship that I designed and created from scratch.
  9. sidewinder81777

sidewinder81777 Midnight Modeler

1 totally original design. The Romulan Bird of Prey from Star Trek Enterprise
    and 2 based on Cmags mod of the SF Papercraft Enterprise-A
    TMP era refits of the Ptolemy Class Transport/Tug and the Saladin Class Destroyer.
    Naah Im not a trekkie ;) lol
  10. figaro

figaro paper imagination

2 already done and 3 in progress...
  11. Erik J

Erik J Member

The He-115 is at a pause as I try to figure out a design to transition from the windscreen into the top front canopy area. When done I'll have to find a place to upload it. I want to get the Me-264 done first, as it's about 90% complete.

You can find my Enterprise 1701D at the Lower Hudson Valley Museum website and a C-141 at the 'other' card model website.

I did a 1/72 DFS-230 glider that got ripped off by somebody in New Zealand, who put it up for sale for the wargame community! It has since been extensively revised and lacks only some new instructions to complete it.

The DFS-230 1/32 version has complete interior and needs some final parts fitting to finish it off. The 'Plain Jane' version of it with no interior is totally done. I haven't posted it anywhere.

I also did the CG-4A in 1/72.

You should see my list of 'I want to design this one'! All those touch classes in high school mechanical drafting are finally paying off!

So, stay tuned, as I'll announce availability of the above models in this message forum. I don't have a web site to post them.

- Erik
  12. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Erik, current availability of CG-4A? I know this was a rare find in plastic (did one up for historical diorama for an airlift squadron - C-47 & CG-4A - to commemorate unit's D-day missions).

13. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

31 completed (one I actually got paid to design!).
    7 in work.
    1,000,000 ideas

Never enough time!

Best Regards,
    Ron Caudillo
  14. ju52man

ju52man New Member

erilj when you're done. catch me over at *************. ill give ya my email there
  15. ju52man

ju52man New Member

I said *************
  16. Erik J

Erik J Member

My kit is available, I suppose, but I need a place to post it.
    I thought the plastic kit was still in production. I have one if you REALLY want it!
    The big GPM model of the CG-4A is a great kit and worth buying. The GPM Horsa is also a fine model.
  17. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

ju52man, you can't say that! :eek:

18. papertrain

papertrain Member

I have done about 15 structures and 3 trains in card. I had several train kits out in the early 80's out of wood and matte board and resin train kits out in 2000 to 2004.
  19. davelant

davelant Member

20. Cyana

Cyana New Member