How many models have you designed?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by paper warrior, Nov 4, 2006.

1. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

How many models have you designed?
  2. Kaz

Kaz Member

None. I'm not that clever.
  3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Nothing noteworthy.
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

If paper boulders count then tons - otherwise zero...
  5. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Cool! A poll I can actually participate in!!!! Hehehe

I've released five Flintstone models which I have designed, have one in beta build currently which is in reality, a modification of another person's design, and have maybe 30 or so in various stages of design...most of them aircraft, but I do have four more Flintstone kits in the works.
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Designed................ 0 but I'm working on it!

Does re-coloring count?
  7. Erik J

Erik J Member

Oh, haven't counted, but it is about 25. Current projects closest to completion are the Me-264 and He-115.
  8. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

...but I never actually finished any. So do I get a partial score, or a flat zero?

I think I might have helped a few others on the way to finishing their model designs however, and I take some pleasure in that! Good that there are at least some 'finishers' in the world!

Tim P (wunwinglow)
  9. rowiac

rowiac Member

It seems like there should have been a "1 to 4" category in the poll, which I would have fit into. And, if there was a "zero" category, a lot more people could have participated...:roll:

10. w.holzinger

w.holzinger Guest

11. Greelt

Greelt New Member

Count me in for zero.
    Alltough i use the word "design" myself, actually we are not designing at all!!
    In my opinion we recreate an existing design into a paper model.
  12. lrjanzen

lrjanzen Member

How do you answer if you have not designed any or 1?
  13. speedless

speedless Member

Just two;F-104,MIG-21
    Exept from one prototype their are lost.
    Files went when my last HD died.

Attached Files:

14. 46rob

46rob Member

I'm constantly designing--most visible, are my aircraft--but I've also done some structures, vehicles, support equipment, and diorama bits. I haven't really got a clue as to how many items I've created over the past few years--never bothered to keep count--didn't think it was important.
  15. kampfflieger

kampfflieger Member

16. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

I am. I've designed one model from my imagination. It's way more work than recreating an existing design. I'm delighted to have that difference recognized.

I see designing a model of an existing item making an interpretation. It's the same as a photographer or painter interpreting the subject matter.

We are designing either way.

17. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i tray ones to work on the rhino with some totrial that i found on this page (su22 totrial)

but noothing go on it :(
  18. speedless

speedless Member

Your right!
    Designing something new,isnt easy.
    Right again,in my humble opinion.Some of us are artist!
  19. gchucky

gchucky Member

I created a few Hako including the first bobblehead hako. Hopefully there will be a Gaiking to go with the Voltron.

20. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

22 that I've actually built, many more are incomplete/unprinted. Only 2 are 100% my own, conception, design and creation. The rest are modeled after (or modified from) existing objects.

Scott K.