How many model the NE?

CN1

May 6, 2003
Just curious, after reading fifer's post. How many model the busy NE Corridor? or the Windsor-Ottawa-Montreal corridor?

Thanks

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
I model the Northeast, northern NJ and southern NY on my frrelanced JGL, and the Hudson River area on the NYC. I will be using about 4 feet of the 4 track Pennsy NE corridor trackage to hide my freelanced lines exit to staging in another room. I just ordered the catenary from Model Memories and must find a way to solve the problem of the tracks and wires running into the backdrop. I welcome any suggestions!

Gary

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
I just ordered the catenary from Model Memories and must find a way to solve the problem of the tracks and wires running into the backdrop. I welcome any suggestions!

Gary, I believe its easier to get a sense of what you are doing if you toss up a photo of the area........... Just a thought. ;)
Youve always been a pretty creative guy but there are times when many imaginations can be better than 1.
Ive been guilty of being blind of the obvious in the past in my own situations and its like someone hitting a light switch when they say well Duh,why not just do this!! :D

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Tileguy, I guess timing is everything! I just built up this mockup to get an idea how things will look this morning. I just placed the locos for perspective. I'll keep the NYC electric where it belongs! There will be a brick bldg. on the far side of the tracks, from the backdrop on towards the left. There will also be a bldg on the near side of the tracks to the left, so the left side doesn't present much of a problem. Buy as you can see, there is an awfully wide right of way heading into the backdrop at an angle. The NE trackage will be on a cut stone wall. I like the way the JGL main looks going under the Pennsy track. I'm planing on installing a leg for the catenary bridge on the near side right at the backdrop, and asking my wife to paint the bridge on the backdrop, and gluing the wires to the painted bridge. It won't be terribly deceiving, but hopefully it won't draw attention. I know my photos won't include it!

Attachments

• P1010713.jpg
    P1010713.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 17

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
and I'm even further North East that that. Modelling the CN / CP in Maritime Canada
The Wiscasset Bucksport & Schoodic Point is just a touch down the road from theyah, yessah, but far enough it'd take a days walk at least t' get theyah.

Narrow gauge in Newfoundland.........................hmmmmmmmm