How many have you made....

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cgutzmer, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Hmmm...if we mean different models, not that many, (perhaps 30 or so) but if we go into beta builds to test a new colour scheme, or a new model, Lord knows.

I don't keep too many, mostly they are handed out to kids who visit the museum that I volunteer at.

2. Hello Rick, look at this, these are all buildings from my hometown Rotterdam, the tallest model is 4 inches high
    You can get them here;

Attached Files:

3. Attached Files:

4. 46rob

46rob Member

LIke John--the number is 'way up there---400 or more--planes and structures, mostly--a couple small ships. I give 'em away, hang them from the ceiling, put them on shelves until I'm sick of them--throw them them until they're junk....they're just paper and replaceable. That doesn't even count the number of subassemblies I've built to test fit my own designs. It's in the makin' - - not the havin' thats the joy.
  5. silverw

silverw Member

OOppss... Double Post...
  6. silverw

silverw Member

Actually...I thought that I had made more than I have!! :-(

It all started about 3 or four years ago, with Ed Bertschy's steam engine!

....which led to the generator....

Then there was the YAMAHA Motorcycle...

My future son-in-law... is into realestate, and wanted somrthing to show his prospective buyers... so I built this...

Oh, ya ...then there was the JEEP... too small for me so, I doubled the size...up to 1:50

This was when I was trying to "reduce" my smoking!! LOL..

There were a couple of gifts...where I built a little PM of the item...and gave that with a gift certificate for the real thing!!
    It's much easier on my back!!...

Then I tried my hand at building an aircraft.... the Arrow... and came up with this....
    [​IMG] ARROW.html

This was my entery into the JRTS Armour competition...

I built this Grain elevator... in HO scale... just in case I someday get my model railroad set up!!..

Then Will came along with his original "AIRWOLF" .. and I eneded up with this...

I guess the last was the "Ball caps"...
    [​IMG] Cap/MRC Ball Cap.html

I guess that is about it.... except for the "in progress" models which will probably be "in progress" for a long time yet!!...:-(

Like ...this...

...and this....

............. I REALLY am going to put that BIG RED part on my Dreadnought..... one of these days.... really... honest....

Dreadnought is DN's 1:700 free model, scaled up to about 1:250. Started adding the full hull, and then got seriously sidetracked!

TO BE CONTINUED..........
  7. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Whose Dreadnought kit is that? An enlarged DN freebie, or one of JSC's? BTW, nice builds!

Scott K.
  8. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

Wow, once I started counting I have more "unfinished" than finished...:)

These are all from this year, As you can see I've been on mostly a space and sci-fi kick

along with all my other projects going on here's a lil secret, this dude here got me started on a large scale Tie-Interceptor, its almost done but i'll wait till the nx-enterprise is finished b4 i go back to work on it.
    and all the "in progress"

of course there is always the "want to do" printed and ready pile too...
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

excellent falcon build - can you put some pics of that in a gallery? I tried to build it and failed miserably.
  10. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

that one actually belongs in the unfinished category, but I acually reprinted It to "build right", and Im sure we all know what im talking about, lol.

there is even another different one over in the other pile too. but Ill try to snap a few better pics. the camera i use though i just cant get to take good stills, its a Sony Mini-DV Digital Handycam. Supposedly its a ?_ megapixel still camera too but all i can figure out is those same rather small pics...

if anyone uses this same camera and can offer some advice let me know

I just noticed the last pic is MUCH larger!!!!!! ill see if i can figure out how i did that (but focus better)
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Does it have a macro function? It usually looks like a little flower icon :) Not too familiar with sony though. Thanks!
  12. silverw

silverw Member

Hello Scott...

Yes... the Dreadnought is DN's 1:700 free model, scaled up to 1:250

Available here....

............. Bill
  13. josve

josve Active Member

I guess I also is on the bottom 10....

My completed models are.

FG cub
    A Cessna 172, also freeware

Schwimmwagen from Modelik
    Ford GPA Jeep from Modelik
    Gaz 67B from Modelik

Under construktion
    Kübelwagen from Modelik
    Horch 1A from Modelik

And I also have a pile of models waiting on the shelf.
    How I'm going to get the time to build them all is another question......
    And right now my wife and my oldest daughter are in Poland on the schoolproject with the white busses.
    And I have given instructions about where to get models in Krakow :)
    So I'm looking forward to next week when they return back to Norway