how many cells

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by Wvamateur, Feb 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wvamateur

Wvamateur Member

how many cells can a mechanical speed control take?
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

they Are limited.to many cells can burn out the contacts and even weld closed and can get stuck on full throtlle resulting in loss of control.

i make my own MSCs that can handle 4 times the amount of cells a regular stock MSC can handle.
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

also,with one of those `3 step` MSCs,too many cells can burn out the resistor.
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

i would scrap the msc and just get a esc. everytime i go to use my car i have to reset the servo and sometimes it gets messed up in the middle of a run
  5. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Novac Super Rooster does a excelent job!
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

ya u should be fine with one of those
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

Duratrax Streak is a great ESC for its price.you can run up to 10 cells.12turn motor.
    No reverse but it only costs $40 USA money
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

some races u cant use reverse anyway. i usuallly dont even use it bashing
  9. Haha, Tim acouple of months ago you advised the streak to me and its been working great. Any time someone posts about a nice cheap ESC to get, I always recommend the streak.
  10. timrock

timrock Active Member

it is Great.i never use reverse either so i dont need one that has it.i have two of them and plan to wire them together to run twice the amount of cells.not sure if it will work yet but this summer i plan to try it.
  11. monsterrcbuilder04

that be pretty cool but will it be better than the custom one u have?
  12. Sounds like a good idea Tim. And if you burn them up, than it won't be a HUGE loss because they're like $30 bucks compared to the bunches of money for duallys, GT-7s etc.
  13. monsterrcbuilder04

ya and they work just as good
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.