How long does a nitro engine last (average)?

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by rvillaverde, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rvillaverde

rvillaverde New Member

I'd like to know how long a RC truck nitro engine tends to last (days, months years) running at an average rate of once a week, before wearing out.

Thanks
  2. bandit1

bandit1 Member

with all the "proper usage". like keeping it well tuned and using after run oil i dont see why u cant keep one going for multiple years. especially because if something fails, just buy new parts for it.
  3. Bloobert28

Bloobert28 Member

if u treat it nice and use gas with an oil content of about 16 it will last a long time
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

another real old one
  5. alisar70

alisar70 Member

well my engine has only last 1 wekk so be aware

IF U HATE YOUR CAR give the remote to me and there will be no more engine left CAUSE IT BOKEN DOING A JUMP
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

i thought you took it apart and couldnt put it back together
  7. alisar70

alisar70 Member

yeah thats how its broken
    i ttok it apart cause it was broken lol
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

lol thats not too good.do you have the manual?
  9. alisar70

alisar70 Member

yeah but the manual dosent show much only how to tune your car .......thats bs
  10. If you take care of your engine it should last 6 to 8 gallons...average i say about 6 gallons...when i say take care of it, i mean running it a little rich and not let it over heat and use after run oil...also use an airfilter and fuel filter and it should last....
  11. alisar70

alisar70 Member

well myn is gonna last 2 days in 2 monnths
  12. monsterrcbuilder04

man 6 gallons isnt a lot. is the engine dead then or you just nead to rebiuld it?
  13. smokeyjoe859

smokeyjoe859 New Member

My .12 is still going strong after 7 years. When the weather's good I run about a 1/2 gallon thru it on the weekends.
  14. alisar70

alisar70 Member

wow man u looked after that engine HUH!!!

WOW

LETS GIVE HIM A CLAP
  15. rstaubach_12

rstaubach_12 Member

My original .15 T-maxx engine is still good but I replaced it last year. It's about 3 years old and still in good shape. I really take care of my rigs though. I take the time to break them in good and listen to how they are running while I'm bashing them. I also don't let them run too hot for long periods of time.
  16. redheat

redheat Member

Smoke your saying that youve run close to 18 gallons of fuel threw that engine? Thats gotta be a record for a nitro engine, thats great .
  17. rustler

rustler Member

man i hate that .15 engine i am having such a hard time keeping that thing running
  18. redheat

redheat Member

Rustler, Is it time for a P/S? How much fuel have you run threw your .15? If your having a hard time keeping the engine running once it has reached temp. and or have to keep chasing the timing than I would say that it could be time to replace P/S or get a new motor .
  19. rustler

rustler Member

what is p/s and i have not had the car that long i have only ran 1 gallon through it
  20. redheat

redheat Member

P/S is piston and sleeve, so now that I no that you have only run 1 gal. threw the motor that tells me that unless you broke your motor in wrong it should be in good mechanical shape. So your having a problem with keeping the truck running lets see, I would take it that you put a fresh plug in and have checked to make sure that you have no air leaks. Head bolts are tight back plate is secure along with the carb. hoses are in good shape no holes . Carb. is getting enough fuel [blow into pressure line cming off the pipe should see fuel going into the carb., have you cleaned your carb. and filter do not over oil filter. Start by checking the above things first then we'll move on.
    i
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.