How I build tiny

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by thewoodengraver, Jan 26, 2007.

1. C Babbage

C Babbage New Member

Wow, thanks! I appreciate the responds:)

The base is dirt simple. It is just a piece of 1/4 inch thick foamcore board, painted black, with a photo print of the movie poster glued to it. The base measures a bit over 2-3/4 x 3-3/4 inches.

I am hopping to do more models at this size soon. I build so many large, complicated things for work, sitting down and making something tiny is pretty relaxing.

2. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

A man after my own heart! Tiny is GOOD!
  3. MAGI

MAGI Member

I know this thread is old, but I am new and to see a 3mm cube..
    that is amazing.
    I totally agree with the tongue at 10. It works for me.

C Babbage that plane is awesome.. I THINK. Not sure too small...

Great thread, valuable information for any newbie wanting to start out with small BUT NOT EASY.
    Because I started thinking, I will just start small. Umm. Not that small.
    Thanks for the posts.
  4. Wojtee

Wojtee Member

Tiny is nice (and should it be ugly, it´s not much of it, at least :))
    My take on "scale raping" is building Ing. Spendlik´s Warhammer 40k Dreadnought in original scale, so approx. 3 times smaller (imagine nine pages on one). Quite a paper-saver :D
    (the grid is in centimeters, so he is about 5 cm tall :D)
    But honestly, I have not touched him since. I plan to finish it, anyway, some time :twisted:
  5. burneggroll

burneggroll New Member

announce1 That is simply elegant brilliance.
    My very 1st model was on cardstock. It still sits in pieces. I think that tip will make it work. Keep those basic tips coming! Us higher IQ types seem to miss the obvious.

As I've posted in another thread, I've produced (along with Tirick) this paper space marine. It is 28mm tall (in scale with the plastic GW fig - see comparison pic) and articulated with a removable helmet. If you want to try him, it's in the 40k armor thread.

Jetbike was designed by silveroxide and base modified from one by Elli Patroch. Light is from a disposable lighter.

Attached Files: