How high have you gone?

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by CaNaDiAnRaCeR, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaNaDiAnRaCeR

CaNaDiAnRaCeR Member

Hey everyone, I just want to start a topic on how high or far you guys or girls have jumped your truck buggy or anything else. I'v got mine 6 feet high off a mound of dirt at my local construction site. I did a perfect landing too, no damage either. I'm curious so please post.
  2. CaNaDiAnRaCeR

CaNaDiAnRaCeR Member

ANSWER! I know there is someone out there who has gone higher or farther then i have!
  3. bandit1

bandit1 Member

not now, cuz my evaders crap, but when i get a new esc and motor ill be posting some big numbers, hopefully!!
  4. CaNaDiAnRaCeR

CaNaDiAnRaCeR Member

cool, I got a Duratax too. I have the nitro Overdrive ST.
  5. monster flip

monster flip New Member

i jumped my savage and my tmaxx off the roof of my gagrage...landed on concrete, full speed...no damage at all...how high? i don't know exactly buut just imagine :)
  6. CaNaDiAnRaCeR

CaNaDiAnRaCeR Member

cool, did u use a ramp?
  7. CaNaDiAnRaCeR

CaNaDiAnRaCeR Member

wow, 1 person? thats pretty sad.
  8. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

I have jumped my savage about six feet off the ground, I now it is not much but Im still learning to trim it proprely in the air on small jumps before doing the big ones. If you want to see a realy sweet jump go to the www.hpiracing.com click on forums, then testimonials, then (my savage can fly)by clenzer, scroll to the bottom of the page and wow! Savage flying off a bmx stunt ramp, twenty foot gap twenty feet high, wow!
  9. Buggy Kid

Buggy Kid New Member

Well lets see, I'm one of those run it till you break it, then break it some more kinda guys. So, lets add 40 feet of chainlink fence on its side, plus a vintage Tamiya Super Hornet, a 3000 battery, some screws in the tires and an itchy trigger finger.....That equals about 4 1/2 backflips, all getting about three or four feet of air.

Sorry, the construction company took the fence away before I could get any pictures.
  10. CaNaDiAnRaCeR

CaNaDiAnRaCeR Member

when you said 4 1/2 flips, does that mean you landed it upside down if its a 1/2 flip??? if you did, what was the damage?
  11. 2phat4u

2phat4u New Member

I have launched my Losi XXX buggy with Reedy 10-double mod from a sand pile approximately 15 feet in the air and it landed about 35 feet past the sandpile without breaking, successfully done this several times. [:0] after about the 4th jump however I did manage to crack the chassis where the front A-Arm assembly bolts on when it landed in a nosedive and had to buy a new chassis.[V] Just another excuse to buy the new graphite pieces I wanted!:D
  12. Deadlego

Deadlego Member

well, one of my friend jumped his savage and went about 25 ft in the air on a bmx track. he land and he hit some thing and his gas tank got a little hole in it :( but what can you say
  13. Buggy Kid

Buggy Kid New Member

It's a Tamiya, what damage?

The chainlink fence had space of about 2 feet underneath so it acted like a safety net. But I have landed the car on its lid on concrete from about 2 feet and no damage so far. Tamiya made some tough cars back in the day.
  14. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

I have upped my maximum jump, there are many construction sites in Japan where I am living and they pile the dirt up in rows of perfect table tops. The tops of the tabletops are about fifteen feet long and my savage flies about 8 feet of the top of the table top. I decided for a high speed approach and sailed over the entire jump landing about ten feet passed the landing area. I guess about 15 feet of the ground and about 25-30 long it was cool, savage is a great truck no damage so now I just clear the table tops. Fun stuff like a giant bmx track.
  15. Minrath

Minrath New Member

I've jumped tmaxx's up into the air usually ranging 10-20 feet depending what i am jumping.I usually would hit construction sites and look for a nice dirt mound or something and start it up.
  16. tomas13

tomas13 Guest

i jumped my tmaxx and got about 6 six feet of air. it was cool untill it land on a car driving by my house.
  17. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

tomas, which car won the tmaxx or the 1:1 car. any damage? Swearing, crashing?
  18. timrock

timrock Active Member

i road my rc10 on a half pipe and was able to do the 180 degree turns over the ramp about 4FT.on an 8FT ramp so it was about 12FT off the ground.cant do any tricks like the skate boarders or bikes but that was something you never saw anyone do.
  19. pike

pike Member

CaNaDiAnRaCeR im just curious because of your location. when i used to live there i knew someone into this stuff so my ? is is your name jamie if it is PM me then ill tell you who i am,
  20. diggerxiv

diggerxiv Guest

I jumped 2 dodge ram 1500's ( the old model ) no more than a hour ago with my new savage 25. It was extremly cool.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.